The elusive MediaPack.zip

Discuss any other topics here
mrpectate

The elusive MediaPack.zip

Post by mrpectate » Mon May 06, 2013 10:46 pm

Hi everyone. I know it's been up many times before but I have searched and been through the wayback machine looking for a copy of MediaPack.zip. I waded thru the old ".ca" AND the filefront area. No luck. If a copy could be found I would gladly post it online permanent style on my domain and put this to rest. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading this.

steven8

Re: The elusive MediaPack.zip

Post by steven8 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:16 am

According to this post: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1110, the media package is no longer available. Dan Valeo (AKA Pickles), left the forum some time ago, and took his media pack with him. The best you can hope for is to search the list provided by Hike in the provided link, and perhaps find stuff you can use, or hunt down Dan on the web.

Sorry 'bout that.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

mrpectate

Re: The elusive MediaPack.zip

Post by mrpectate » Tue May 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks steven8. While searching old posts for info on the pack I did see that Dan returned here awhile back (I forget when). I would just buy the book and post the .zip but I can't find that either. There is a part of the Space Escape tutorial that goes over texture scaling and offsetting that refers to a figure in Dan's book. I just thought it would be nice to have the textures in the media pack available but it's easy to sub textures though. I did find the Space Escape demo however and I could post that if anybody needs it. Maybe the contents of the.bsp could be extracted.

Thanks again.