Who was the guy...

Discuss any other topics here
steven8

Who was the guy...

Post by steven8 » Sat May 17, 2014 5:19 am

Okay, I have trolled every page of the Members list, hoping it would jump out at me, but no joy.

There was a user on here at one time that was producing work that was just plain head and shoulders above everyone else. Graphically, that is. Beautiful work of incredible detail, color, lighting and texture. Dark, yet bright at the same time. Work that honestly looked like it came from a much more modern engine. He left, a I recall, because he was frustrated with the limitations of RF.

Can ANYONE please recall that user's name so I can search for his posts to see screens. I just want to look at them again. See if I wasn't dreaming.

Cheers!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: Who was the guy...

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sat May 17, 2014 8:36 am

I think you mean Tabulanis. However, most of the pictures posted were external links that are no longer valid. Some of the screenshots can be found in the Screenshots section, though.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Sun May 18, 2014 2:33 am

QuestOfDreams wrote:I think you mean Tabulanis. However, most of the pictures posted were external links that are no longer valid. Some of the screenshots can be found in the Screenshots section, though.
Tabulanis! That was him. His work was awesome, and those screens in the image of the week are terrific. Unfortunately, it seems his frogfaith website is no longer. I wonder what he's up to these days. The fella had talent.

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Wed May 21, 2014 6:29 pm

I tried to mail him a while back to see if he still had his demos. nothing back :|
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Fri May 23, 2014 2:53 pm

ardentcrest wrote:I tried to mail him a while back to see if he still had his demos. nothing back :|
:( Bummer.

jonas

Post by jonas » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:27 pm

I was a little curious also. :wink:

Applied a little Google-Fu to the situation.

Looks to have started another company.

https://www.facebook.com/TabulanisMorris
http://schrodingerspress.bigcartel.com/products
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

steven8

Post by steven8 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:36 am

Way cool. I Googled Tabulanis as well, and didn't find any of that. Great to see him having such success!