[3dFoin] new Dragon Turtle - Summer Sales - 50% off all item

Discuss any other topics here
3dFoin

[3dFoin] new Dragon Turtle - Summer Sales - 50% off all item

Post by 3dFoin » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Animations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BzON00Co5o

Also we're running the Summer Sales - 50% off all items Yayyyyy XD so what are you waiting for? :D

http://3dfoin.com

Wraps

Re: [3dFoin] new Dragon Turtle - Summer Sales - 50% off all

Post by Wraps » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:31 am

Hey, Foin ( and other model sites ) . what you don't realize is this :

This is basically a Quake 2 style engine, Still Direct X 7.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:49 pm

Wraps wrote:Hey, Foin ( and other model sites ) . what you don't realize is this :

What you don't seem to realize is he is advertising on sites where game developers might be. I saw his advertisement here and was very tempted to purchase a lot of the models. I'm in the planning stage of making a game using Unity and a lot of his models would go well with that game but I'm not far enough in the process to be buying models. I might go back to his site when I'm ready.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:36 am

Allanon wrote:
Wraps wrote:Hey, Foin ( and other model sites ) . what you don't realize is this :

What you don't seem to realize is he is advertising on sites where game developers might be. I saw his advertisement here and was very tempted to purchase a lot of the models. I'm in the planning stage of making a game using Unity and a lot of his models would go well with that game but I'm not far enough in the process to be buying models. I might go back to his site when I'm ready.
I had made a similar comment as Wraps once to this effect, but you make a good point, Allanon. He is just targeting sites where game devs might be hanging out, and if it gets him some business, as you may do, then it's time well spent. They are beautiful models, I must say.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:49 pm

You can still get that Turtle in RF with bumps if you invert the Y channel of the normal map.
It will not look as good as in Unity for sure.
The bumps have some extra detail so it will look interesting at close if you scale up this actor to be huge.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:34 am

Wouldn't all those polys bring G3D to a grinding halt?
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:22 am

Always only one of them on screen,using more optimized LOD version for far distance rendering.
If the computer is an average modern i think its ok,or at least the pic does nt look like a very high poly model.

It could distort at the joints during animations because genesis uses the 1 link only per vertex for animation.
If you re physique the whole model some times you you might fix it,and others you might not.