How close are we to a new RF realese.

Discuss any other topics here
aicd99

How close are we to a new RF realese.

Post by aicd99 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:16 pm

So now it has been 3 years since the last RF release beta version of RF 0.78 (BETA). Nearly Ten years since a Stable version which is RF 0.76. So are we getting a new RF this year. OR is RF cancelled and work on a new version has stopped which I really hope that will never happen. If we are to get new Reality Factory will it be BETA , RC or Final version 0.78 ?

seppgirty

Re: How close are we to a new RF realese.

Post by seppgirty » Sat May 06, 2017 3:19 pm

I think RF has reached the end of the line in development. It can be used for small games but not for large projects. You might want to look at other game makers for project bonnie. there are plenty of free and cheap engines out there.
Gamer, Lover, Film maker,

http://www.chaosbrosfilms.com

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:41 am

seppgirty wrote:I think RF has reached the end of the line in development. It can be used for small games but not for large projects. You might want to look at other game makers for project bonnie. there are plenty of free and cheap engines out there.
I tried other engines including Amazon Lumberyard , Unity and Blender Game Engine. I know QOD is slowing working on it in his free time but it is not fast enough. The thing is the easiest one to use is RF. All I can say is if there is a new release it will be the best day in my life. I mean a beta release can't just be the last version. Why would QOD work hard on changing the website so recently and then cancel RF ?

seppgirty

Post by seppgirty » Tue May 09, 2017 12:48 am

Well, I don't know what to tell you about an update. I doubt it will happen. While you are waiting for an update maybe you could do a smaller and more simple game. Maybe a quest game. Go find 3 apples and bring them back. Go find a hammer..... What do you think?

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:55 am

seppgirty wrote:Well, I don't know what to tell you about an update. I doubt it will happen. While you are waiting for an update maybe you could do a smaller and more simple game. Maybe a quest game. Go find 3 apples and bring them back. Go find a hammer..... What do you think?
Smart Idea ever !!! It is good to practice with basic stuff before going to the advance.

seppgirty

Post by seppgirty » Sun May 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Would be nice to know if there are any plans to update RF though.

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:30 am

same

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:13 am

I am praying to god for a new RF this year in 2017. Is confirmed to be cancelled. I hope not.

@QuestOfDream any comment ?

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:06 am

Sent him a skype message to make him aware of this post

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:46 am

Actually, as aicd99 mentioned, I was planning to finalize the RF 0.78 release in the first half of this year. Unfortunately, it did not happen. The reason is not any kind of malicious intent but rather unfortunate and unforeseen family circumstances. I hope you all will understand that family always comes first and a new RF release is not my highest priority at the moment. With that said, I currently cannot give any reasonable estimate on an RF release, as I simply don't know how things will turn out in the near future.

seppgirty

Post by seppgirty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:37 pm

I hope you all will understand that family always comes first and a new RF release is not my highest priority at the moment.
I completely understand.Best wishes to the family.

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:32 am

Okay can a new RF release be done by the end of this year please. Even get another person to help you on it. please

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:49 am

QuestOfDreams wrote:Actually, as aicd99 mentioned, I was planning to finalize the RF 0.78 release in the first half of this year. Unfortunately, it did not happen. The reason is not any kind of malicious intent but rather unfortunate and unforeseen family circumstances. I hope you all will understand that family always comes first and a new RF release is not my highest priority at the moment. With that said, I currently cannot give any reasonable estimate on an RF release, as I simply don't know how things will turn out in the near future.
Please what about now in 2018 please really need one so bad