Few posts recently but, summer is a commin'... (read me!)

Discuss the development of Reality Factory 2
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:56 pm

No, that was my 0th birthday, if I'd had a use for it.

I just spent darned near a half hour typing an explanation of what all the hush hush has been about... then lost it. Sigh. I don't feel like typing it all again right now... :?

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:35 am

I know how that feels. I tried to post on the forums here earlier and when I tired to post it, it failed! So i tried to post again. Same thing happend, IE said page could not be displayed. However, I was lucky and it acctually posted my comment. I have also experianced it many times in blender today!(I forgot to save and my computer froze.) Word has done this numerous times as well and crashed without warning. The auto save was every ten minutes, so wouldnt ya know when the last auto save was? Too long ago. Ah well, so I changed the auto save to every 2 minutes :P .
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:36 am

Wow, this thread died fast. Only 4 fast days of posting...
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:58 pm

I don't know what this is worth but I found a free terrain creator on the gamedev.net image forums. It uses bsp files. Could this be used for RF2?
*I must note that I did not look at is details. I will let the pros do that.

Its found at a main site here:
http://www.zalsoft.com/

and the gamedev site here:
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums ... _id=397619
Think outside the box.

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:12 am

I honestly doubt it.

RF2 uses OctTree and not BSP, so it would be a step back in reality. In addition, rudimentary terrain systems are already in place.

Thanks though!

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:10 pm

Alright, I just wanted to make sure that the RF2 Dev team knew of it. I dont know what you are looking for and didn't want to let anything that could possibly help go without notice.
Think outside the box.