RF2 Logo comp idea?

Discuss the development of Reality Factory 2
psYco

Post by psYco » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:03 am

wow i luv yours scott but 2 spaced out mA>B Bring aLL the parts 2gether!

scott

Post by scott » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:11 am

the only thing i can think to improve your desighn is to neaten it up a little, you got the circle with the letters RF2 in and then another circle cutting into this with a strib between the two, this strip looks a little messy make it the smae thiknes through out the strip.

if you cant see the logo what do u see, does it show a red cross or does it give a link or is it something else?
*GD*

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:11 pm

Well, heck, why don't I try, too!

http://www.freewebs.com/andycr/path3090.png

All logos so far are great, but IMO something simpler and cleaner suits RF2 better.

scott

Post by scott » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:18 pm

looks great andy, i personaly would change the font, dont have to have anything fancy just slightly different to everyday block text mabe change the RF from pure white to white to a shade of grey fill or something instead of all just pure white and i think it looks perfect.
*GD*

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:07 pm

Thanks! OK, tried your suggestions, thing it's a definite improvement, thanks! Also, in RF tradition, I reversed the R. :P

Two versions.

http://www.freewebs.com/andycr/rf2logoidea.png
http://www.freewebs.com/andycr/rf2logoidea2.png

These are all done in InkScape on Linux, vector graphics. That means they can be scaled infinitly large or small with no degradation of quality, as demonstrated here for those who wanted the 1,000 pixel version:

http://www.freewebs.com/andycr/rf2logoidealarge.png

(Hmm, the large version highlights a mistake or two...)

jonas

Post by jonas » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:22 pm

proof that linux rocks! Great job andy.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

psYco

Post by psYco » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:27 pm

WOW andy thats realy good!

Oh and scott what I meant was that yours is a bit too ummmm... big and spread out, I love the ideas you have but I thought you might combine them into one smaller simpler thing like andy was saying.

Like you could have the cool DNA strand type thing a bit smaller but behind the RF and then have it all in one small logo! with the II next to or under it! :D That would look the sh1- I think!

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:28 pm

Thanks! :)

Well, here's an idea for an icon for the RF2 level editor.

http://www.freewebs.com/andycr/path54192.png

Yes, I know the boxes are out of proportion. :oops:

psYco

Post by psYco » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:10 pm

Okay I know that I started all this, but I lOVE, and I mean freaking LOVE the round black button thingys!!!! And I love things in uniform... So I think taht andercrest was actually onto something! We should try cum up with Ideas for logos using Andys theme! (of the round black buttony things!!!!) unless of cource sum1 has a whole new radical Idea then im sure that would be cool!

But ja, I like the buttons and I personally think that to keep profesionally we should keep stuf in sum kind of uniform MaBey steven8 could even make the icon for his new GUI thing were all soooo looking 4ward 2 in a button thingy like andys!

Ok not to go on but for this purpose of uniform mabey andy you could post the template for the black buttony thingy?

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:56 pm

Thanks! :)

You can grab the logo pack here:

http://www.freewebs.com/andycr/RF2LogoPack.zip

It contains the RF2 logo I made in several stages of completion, in PNG, AI, Inkscape SVG, and SVG formats, in addition to the bubble in PSD, SVG, Inkscape SVG, AI, PNG, and TGA formats. I have made them in such a way that you can easily stick your logo above the black circle and below the gloss, LIKE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO *hint*. :P

jonas

Post by jonas » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:56 am

Thanks! Hey have you tried blue background? I tried it and it looked really good, but I couldn't stick the text in because it never looked right. Couldn' get the right font and ect.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

jonas

Post by jonas » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:44 pm

uh... I guess you either took your download down or something because everytime I click it opens a new window with this topic in it. I already have it downloaded to a computer so if all else fails I'll email it too my self :D
2 more logos with close to the same style as the last ones.

[edit] for some reason andycr your link works if I copy and paste the visible link but when I click on it it redirects me to here.
Jonas

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:02 am

Wow, very nice work everyone!

I need to find time to try this!
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

allen5924

Post by allen5924 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:31 pm

dude... (jason) u r so clever.. WOO!! im gonna make 1!! woo!! yaaY!!! YIPPY!! YAYAYAYAYAYYYY!! :D

cya ppls.. will be back wid a RAD logo!!