Need Someone with a Very Powerful Computer

Discuss the development of Reality Factory 2
AndyCR

Need Someone with a Very Powerful Computer

Post by AndyCR »

This is not final, and I may decide against it, but for now I need someone with a fairly high end PC (preferably something along the lines of a GeForce 6800 or up) to record some RF2 footage. My PC (GeForce 6200) is not capable of recording RF2 footage with the graphics settings turned up fluidly (capable of playing games made like that, but not recording and playing). I would supply an executable (possibly several with various demos), and you would record the output of it and send the video back to me. Thanks in advance.
Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf »

i may be able to help you out, but i dunno if my comp is high enough, here's my spec's

3.4 GHz
2 gigs DDR2 ram
512 geforce 6600

i can run most games in high res, such as F.E.A.R, and Oblivion, but it does sometimes have some slowdown,

it will all depend, i don't have any vid recording software either which may be a problem.

...i can try at least i and let you decide on if the quality is what your after.
psYco

Post by psYco »

i will help if you want! i have a g-force 7800 and a 1.8gh/z amd 64. But you may have to send me the recorder i only have FRAPS trial version.
psYco

Post by psYco »

oh and im getting newRAM 2day maB i get 2x1gig or 1 gig but it still only can B DDR400:(
GD1

Post by GD1 »

I'd love to help, but i just found out how slow my computer really is when i tried to play World of Warcraft the other day. I'll be getting a high end card soon though, so i'll let you know.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox
BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX »

finally, a place where i can put my supercomputer to use.

ive got two X1950XTX 512 cards in crossfire.

oh, may i ask how big these files are becuase ive kind of reached my limit on the internet.
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

Excellent, Black. Thank you very much!

It'll be about a month before the demos are ready anyway - I'm running into a few complications. When they're done they will likely be about 50MB total or so.
psYco

Post by psYco »

You will have some videos ready next monthe??? Well, does this mean that your making some progress? YAY! I cant w8 to see some of the vids! (what ever they are of!) I would just like to say how wickedawsomecoolio it is to be able to talk directly with the guy who is actually ''making'' the new engien i hope to use! Ive never really been part of any online community and I really think RF is gonna take off wiht RF2! (well Im keeping my hopes high!)
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

I might not have anything publicly available next month, but I will at least have some footage recorded privately. What I plan to do with it I am not prepared to say. I will say that RF2 has been continuing in development well. Thanks!
Last edited by AndyCR on Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf »

the best bet is not to say anything at all actually, not only will it build hype but it also reduces the amount of question asked, does "Are we there yet!" seem familiar
psYco

Post by psYco »

Yeah I agree! But dont worry i wont start incesently asking if your done till at LEAST 2009! :lol:
jonas

Post by jonas »

I was giving up all hope of helping since my pc just has a ati radeon 200 family. But... I just remembered that the computer I use at school has a Nvidia Geforce 7300.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX »

andycr

when can u giv me the rf2 files.

i want to know waht resolution u want them in.
ill be able to make 800x600 to 1280x1024

another thing is audio. what buffer rate do u want the audio in.
i can do anything from 44.100khz stereo to HI DEFENITION 8.1 Surround sound.
scott

Post by scott »

i dont know if you need my help sins you have all these people asking but i just got a new laptop, as it is a laptop the cpu isnt that powerfull, intel centreno duo 1.66Ghz, nvidia geforce go 7400 with pixel shader 3, 2GB DDr2 RAM i also have access to video recorder, and due to having the daul core, it wont effect running RF2 as 1st core would run the exe and the second would run video recorder.

but sounds like your making nice progress, what is this test for? im thinking more than just a menu for a high end machine to be required?

i understand why you would be reluctant to show these videos as it means people will go mad asking questions, but if you put a statment saying early release shots no questions will be answerd sort of thing i cant see the harm in releasing the video mabe? if you think about it it will only keep us on the edge of our seats wanting more and may encorege a passer by to the forum to hang around....?
*GD*
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

I am working on the demos now.

Yes, we are. I might as well confess, this recording is for a teaser video. Haha, yes it's more than a menu, but in my defense I want it to be as smooth as possible, thus the high end machine. However, I will say that this video won't be showing off RF2's awesome pong clone/mario platformer making capabilities. :P

I will be showing the videos as soon as I can finish the demos, get them recorded, and edit them together.

Well, the main issue with screenshots is there needs to be art to show in them. Very high resolution art.