RF2 Source Code Released

Discuss the development of Reality Factory 2
AndyCR

RF2 Source Code Released

Post by AndyCR »

The RF2 Ogre versions source code has now been released, and can be viewed at http://realityfactory2.svn.sourceforge. ... yfactory2/ . If you wish to download the code instead of just viewing it in your browser, you can use any SVN client, pointing it to http://realityfactory2.svn.sourceforge. ... ory2/trunk , which will download the bleeding-edge version of realityfactory2 (translation: expect instability, as you would likely be running code I or someone else wrote earlier that day) as well as, when done, any other utilities, such as level editors, sample games, etc. This version is currently untested on Windows, but that will change soon, and I don't see why it would not work. An easier method of obtaining RF2 will be available soon, as will developer documentation.

Right now, it is in the beginning stages. You get a nice black window, and that's about it, though you can also do whatever you want with Python scripting by running RF2 from the game folder. The game folder is expected to have a scripts folder, which can contain any number of script files - the ones that RF2 looks for are setup.py and bootstrap.py.

Basically, right now the only people who would likely want to run RF2 would be those who wish to contribute to it, which is certainly encouraged. The port is in a very early stage. I will be providing development packages, examples, etc. soon.
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

So anyone can modify it now?sweeeet!
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

Correct.

The next step is to add tasks to the task tracker, and begin finishing them. I do not expect to make progress too quickly until my new computer comes, as my laptop has internet access but is slow and nearly unusable due to the random-key-punching issue, and my desktop is fine but the wifi adapter on it broke, so no internet access is possible with it. I could always chain the two together using a crossover cable and share internet access, but I do not know how to do that in Linux so I would be using Windows, though RF2 could use some testing on Windows for once anyway.