Compiling RF2 on Windows

Discuss the development of Reality Factory 2
Allanon

Re: Compiling RF2 on Windows

Post by Allanon » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:42 pm

I just went to compile the RF2 code and was confused. First off there are like 4 different projects some old some new and I had no idea which was the latest code. But after looking at the latest committed code posted at the SourceForge I assume RFOgre is the current project build being worked on.

So I opened RFOgre_2008.sln only to be confused again. I was expecting to see the RF2 lib code but the only project was called "Game" and I assumed this was the project file for the game shell. So I went looking for the RF2 lib files and after digging deeper in to the source folder I found LibRF2_2008.vcproj. I assume that is the project that will build the RF2 lib files but I didn't open it. I went back to the "Game" project and started comparing files and found that the RF2 lib files are directly inserted in to the game shell. I found that odd but I assume it's probably easier to develop in this configuration opposed to having separate projects and I assume it will be changed later.

I didn't get it to run but I was able to compile. I was unable to match the Ogre3d version with the one you are using. It compiled fine using the included Ogre3d files but when I added the Ogre3d 1.6.5 DLLs to the bin folder the game shell got an entry point error which usually means the DLL and LIB version is different. I couldn't find an earlier versions of the Ogre3d SDK and when trying to compile with the Ogre3d 1.6.5 SDK it produced errors.

Anyway, I would suggest cleaning up the SourceForge by deleting older versions plus erasing this thread and posting a new one explaining exactly how to compile the current source code.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Re: Compiling RF2 on Windows

Post by paradoxnj » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:19 pm

You are in a stale topic. This was from the Irrlicht days.

Do the following:

-- Check out from the following URL: https://realityfactory2.svn.sourceforge ... unk/RFOgre
-- Make sure you have Ogre 1.6.4 installed and the OgreSDK variable is set to the Ogre 1.6.4 installation
-- Install latest Boost libraries and tell VS where they are
-- Run prepare.cmd from the root of RFOgre directory
-- Open the project and hit compile (debug mode)

I will start a new topic with the current build instructions. I have them in another topic, but it isn't titled "RF2 Build".
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....