Wrist Issues, Slow Development

Discuss the development of Reality Factory 2
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:19 pm

(Speaking of which, I've been enjoying Twinings English Breakfast quite a bit lately...)

I am seeing my doctor about the wrist in about 1.5 hours. Hope he says "you can use the computer for 3 hours a day if you space it out, as long as you keep ice on it" or something.

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:38 pm

He says I have carpal tunnel syndrome. Apparently I can use the computer some as long as I rest it enough. So, thank God, I can still work on RF2.

jonas

Post by jonas » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:17 pm

Sweet that's good that would suck if you had to give up a computer for a while! I would probably die.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:14 am

Yeah. Sadly I have to wear ridiculous hand braces that hold my wrists in the right position (and make me look like a mummy) and have to "listen" carefully for pain and stop and put ice on them if it gets bad, but it sure as anything is better than nothing - just committed a restructuring change to the RF2 codebase today, which felt nice.

GD1

Post by GD1 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:39 pm

ooo.... carpel tunnel isn't good. but don't worry... there are musicians (including guitarists) that are still very successful despite having carpel tunnel. so as long as you are careful, it shouldn't effect u too much in the long term as far as using a PC is concerned.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox

psYco

Post by psYco » Thu May 03, 2007 11:48 pm

well im glad u can still work on RF2 and are allowed on the PC :D I dunno what carpel tunnel is but i hope ur wrist is good enuf to be on the PC when ever u want again soon :)

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am

you have hand braces nao rite? well how large are they? are they made of a hard material? THEN U CAN HIT PEOPLE REALLY HARD AND ITS GUNNA HURT LIEK A B*************************. you know, only in self defense?
Herp derp.

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Tue May 22, 2007 6:58 pm

Time for a wrist and rf2 update Andy. Whats happing in you neck of the woods
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

wackedoutbiker

Post by wackedoutbiker » Tue May 22, 2007 10:26 pm

Yeah, definitely don't do too much if you insist on doing anything with RF2. As for me, it's not a good idea to do the same exercises repeatedly as similar things can happen with my own body parts.

once I think I pulled something and couldn't do much for two weeks. But do rest all you need. And if you have any screenshots, I'd be more than happy to view them.
More atrocities are committed in the name of that which is holy and righteous than that which is wicked and evil

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Fri May 25, 2007 3:44 pm

Wrist is doing better than it was, but still hurts. RF2 is doing decently, though I would definitly prefer if it would go faster. I am working on showing a messagebox when a Python scripting error occurs.

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sun May 27, 2007 5:16 am

Well, script error dialogs are implemented now (will be in SVN soon). Currently they look like this:

As you can see, they could be a bit more user friendly. I need to manually get the traceback to show the user exactly what line of their script had an error in it, and possibly have an RF2 script editor which RF2 launches when there is a script error, bringing the cursor directly to the line with the error in it and marking it somehow. However, for tonight my wrist is getting bad again, so I'll probably go to sleep soon.

wackedoutbiker

Post by wackedoutbiker » Tue May 29, 2007 11:10 pm

Hey, that's not a bad idea...it would have probably worked wonders for me with the Simkin thing. But in the release of it, it should include sample scripts and a list of commands to avoid confusion among us...hope that hand feels better...I respect your willingness to go on even with that grievous injury.
More atrocities are committed in the name of that which is holy and righteous than that which is wicked and evil

dylanwinn

Re: Wrist Issues, Slow Development

Post by dylanwinn » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:10 pm

I personally am not sure why I don't have wrist problems. I have entered 75 64 digit strings so far today...

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Re: Wrist Issues, Slow Development

Post by paradoxnj » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:20 pm

This post was over a year old. :roll:
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

Kiji8989

Re:

Post by Kiji8989 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:15 pm

Mallek wrote:yes, there is definitely nothing wrong with tea. nothing at all.

I LUFF tea. Green tea, black tea, blue tea, white tea, chai tea...
(\_/)
(O.o) copy bunny into your signature to
( >< )help him achieve world domination