New Screenshot

Discuss the development of Reality Factory 2
AndyCR

New Screenshot

Post by AndyCR » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:09 am

Since it's my birthday tomorrow, I thought I would release a screenshot of what I've been working on - a revamped experimental version of the Script Editor.

MakerOfGames

Re: New Screenshot

Post by MakerOfGames » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:13 am

That looks awesome! Everything in it looks great!
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:32 am

AndyCR wrote:Since it's my birthday tomorrow, I thought I would release a screenshot of what I've been working on - a revamped experimental version of the Script Editor.

awesome as usual andy.
Herp derp.

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:36 am

That's great man! I also like that seemingly you have implemented cool thinghs already, like loading an actor from a file through a script. :D
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:47 pm

since yo birthdays today nao, happy birthday
Herp derp.

Sph!nx

Post by Sph!nx » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:26 am

Happy bday! This looks really awasome! Shouldn't you get presents instead of handiing it out? :D
Regards Sph!nx

Sven Co-op, DevEd: Development & Editing

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:51 pm

Hey happy birthday andy, heh easter and birthday together...at least no school on your birthday! :D
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:05 pm

Thanks guys! Sorry for the confusion, my birthday was the 22nd but I was up very late working on the editor so it posted as "tomorrow" during the 22nd due to that and the time zone difference.

jonas

Post by jonas » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:55 pm

Nice! I'm a little suprised that there are so few replies. But it looks very nice keep up the good work! :D
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:28 pm

Well for me the reason is, I give Andy my input in other ways, so I know what is happing.

It is normally for the newbies who ask or say "that is great when can we have a down load"
(ie newbies = 1 year to 1.5 years with RF) all the time.

Us oldbies have seen the old posts on this topic, and know what goes in to programming, so we dont post asmuch.

when you see post about the world editor,And any new RF2 prog, when it starts to show its head then we will post.

The nearer we get to may 3 2010 ( when RF2 comes out of its little egg ) the we will go mad posting.

BUT

Andy and mr P, can you give us an update on what you have done so-far, and hows it comming along.
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:15 am

ardentcrest wrote:Well for me the reason is, I give Andy my input in other ways, so I know what is happing.

It is normally for the newbies who ask or say "that is great when can we have a down load"

Us oldbies have seen the old posts on this topic, and know what goes in to programming, so we dont post asmuch.

when you see post about the world editor,And any new RF2 prog, when it starts to show its head then we will post.

The nearer we get to may 3 2010 ( when RF2 comes out of its little egg ) the we will go mad posting.

BUT

Andy and mr P, can you give us an update on what you have done so-far, and hows it comming along.
so your saying you find your "inner RF place"?
Herp derp.

jonas

Post by jonas » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:23 am

ardentcrest wrote:Well for me the reason is, I give Andy my input in other ways, so I know what is happing.

Yeah I guess this is true. I just for some reason thought there might be more. :lol:
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

Sph!nx

Post by Sph!nx » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:27 pm

Some encouragement is always good!
Regards Sph!nx

Sven Co-op, DevEd: Development & Editing

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:47 am

I don't suppose there could be an option menu for user preferences, with the option to change text/comments/etc. colours?Otherwise, looking good.Happy BDay!
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:10 pm

zany_001 wrote:I don't suppose there could be an option menu for user preferences, with the option to change text/comments/etc. colours?
Yes, that is planned. :)
ardentcrest wrote:Andy and mr P, can you give us an update on what you have done so-far, and hows it comming along.
I'm working on making the script editor a bit more cross-platform-friendly. An API I used for it is a bit more heavy than I expected, so I'm changing a few things so that it will run without said heavy library, including replicating some of the functionality it provided. It's not terribly difficult.
darksmaster923 wrote:so your saying you find your "inner RF place"?
Not really. I just talk to some people via email and instant messaging.