RF2 Updates

Discuss the development of Reality Factory 2
ardentcrest

Re: RF2 Updates

Post by ardentcrest » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:44 pm

thanks. can't wait to do some testing. will the editor be based off the old jet3d one or somthing new.
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:24 pm

Ogre 1.8 is due for release this month end will you will be updating RF2?

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:57 pm

@Ardentcrest - Something new. It is made from scratch using wxWindows.

@Bernie - Yes. I update as the patches come out to keep up to date. They usually don't change the API too much. Going from 1.6 to 1.7 was the most I had to change.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:11 am

Although i dont hope much for an update,still i hope you ll put in the editor all scripted systems you have ready,inside an easy to find drop list or menu,like rfeditpro has now.
As example,i tried unity and i could nt even add a working script to get screenshots.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:52 am

The plan is to do just that. The first iteration, you will need to just put the script name in a field. The component objects will be able to be built in the editor and yes...all the registered components, including custom components, will be easily added in the editor. Not sure what that interface will look like yet. I will poll the community for input on that.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

jonas

Post by jonas » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:47 pm

Been a while since I've checked up on this. Looks like I'm not the only one that's been away a while. Is reality factory 2 dead? Or do we still have some work going on?
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Yeah... I'm waiting for it so bad. Actually waiting since May 2010... Hope it's still under construction :)

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:53 pm

jonas wrote:Been a while since I've checked up on this. Looks like I'm not the only one that's been away a while. Is reality factory 2 dead? Or do we still have some work going on?
A few of us drop by occasionally but to no avail, the forum is about dead now and it certainly looks as if RF2 is Dead in the water :cry:
Most of the forum members have got fed up and gone to other progams like Neoaxis, Unity and Unreal.
If Rf2 does ever appear I think a few might come back but to be honest once people have got projects going in another program they will stick with it. Also those programs are updated regularly so RF2 will be lagging far behind them now if ever it is released.
If a few demos had been put up and a few releases made at say 1 or 2 month intervals, things would definitely have been different and interest kept alive, but promisses of a release and nothing happening is like crying wolf. People just don't believe it any more and after a while they go elsewhere.
Not being a programmer myself I couldn't really help with Rf2. I did try with HGTTerry to build GameDirector, but my home life is in turmoil and at my age it's very difficult to learn to program.
I felt I was getting nowhere so I took a break. Now it looks like Terry has made it closed source (well there are a load of missing cpp files and no proj files for the libs he is using) so I am going to have to ditch that completly now :cry: . I was hoping that once my life is settled down and I am settled in the retirement home later this year I would be able to do something with that.
So now it looks like I will just stick around and hope that RF2 is released before I go the that final game world in the sky.

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Sorry Bernie the source files will be available it was a unintentional I wanted to create dlls/libs so as not to plot the GD exe I will over the next day make available the source. And when you are ready you are welcome to play with the code and any improvements you find just say.

give me a day or 2 and will be available might start new SVN just for the libs/dlls what do you think or all on the same ?

tgrech

Post by tgrech » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:40 am

Is this completely dead then? It's been a long wait, and there's been no replies for a long time, I presume nothing has been done since then the project has been cancelled?

Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:07 pm

It would be sad to end RF2 like this. It has a lot of potential.

megatop

Post by megatop » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:14 pm

is it coming out or not

Wraps

Post by Wraps » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:25 pm

I begged ya'll not to let paradoxnj have anything to do with RF2. Told ya'll what would happen. And it did. So, I am announcing my own version , basically RF with a terrain component and the size limitation gone. Dx9c, wxdevc++. Gonna take a while, but , unlike this version of RF2....mine will get finished.