Apologies

Discuss the development of Reality Factory 2
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Apologies

Post by paradoxnj » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:32 pm

My apologies for not being around for a while. I had an emergency appendectomy and had a bad reaction to the anesthesia. Frankly, I'm luck to be alive. I've been home now for about a week and I finally feel up to it to continue work on RF2. I am truly sorry for the delay.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

Wraps

Re: Apologies

Post by Wraps » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Glad to have ya back!And no probs man, you get well.

AkillezMight

Post by AkillezMight » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:54 pm

You Gotta Lay Off The Beer and Oysters for awile, glad ta see you well.
Have you ever scripted an enemy pawn that totally owned, that you had to go back into the weapon ini. and create a bigger gun. Just so the fight will be fair? ' ;0

SV2.0

Post by SV2.0 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:05 am

Wow, glad you're alright, man. Don't rush yourself with anything for a while.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks guys. It gave me a new outlook on life. I just have to remember where I was and get back to it. I wasn't too far away from a basic shell.

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Oh my, glad to hear you are ok. Surgeries are never fun or easy, especially emergency ones. Take your time and rest up! Your life is more important than any computer program.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:36 am

Sorry to year about you troubles Anthony. Hope you are ok now and your convalescence goes well. Keep the stress to a minimum and all should be ok now. Just remember that your health is the most important thing.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:36 am

Thanks Bernie and MoG. It was a little scare, but it definitely changed things. I just got back from Houston, TX. Was there on business. It was actually a relaxing trip. I was there for 3 days and only one day was spent actually working (audio professionals conference).

I'm currently working on the state machine. That is the last thing that is needed before release. I'm going back to working on RF2 during my commute to work and home (about 90 minutes each way by bus).

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:03 pm

It's good to hear you're well again. As others have stated before, your health is the most important thing so take it slow.

GMer

Post by GMer » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:14 am

Nice to hear you are all right. By no means sacrifice your health for RF2, we can wait a little longer if necessary. (I'm speaking for myself here :mrgreen: )
Did you know biologically speaking, the appendix is one of the most useless (if not the most useless) organ in the body. It is a leftover from when humans had a diet of mainly salad (among other things).
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Some 2d games I made, haven't made anything in a year though O.o
http://www.yoyogames.com/users/GMer56

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:00 pm

That's what I don't get....if it's so useless, why did they feel the need to remove it from me at that moment? There has to be some use to it. From what they explain, it actually holds toxins from the food you digest. Your body can just send the toxins out via #1 or #2 so that is why they say it is not needed. If the appendix bursts, it releases a dangerous amount of toxins into your blood stream. The gall bladder is another useless organ just like the appendix.