When RF2 comes out

Discuss the development of Reality Factory 2
lekeoi

When RF2 comes out

Post by lekeoi » Sat May 07, 2011 4:56 pm

I see that the new RF2 is coming out and for people who have projects on RF that their working on can they possibly just move all their work from RF to RF2. Should I just wait till the new one comes out then restart the project.
"Life is like a box of ammo." You always know what your going to get.

Nighthawk_0973

Re: When RF2 comes out

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:15 pm

are you trying to say that RF2 is gonna have transfer from RF1 files support? That would be cool. I think that if you can make a good game with RF, than you might have some good times making a game with RF2.

My point is: if your interested in RF2, than learn RF, learn RFs menu editing system, learn the Lua programming language, learn modeling and sound design, and when you are done learning that all, RF2 will be simple to master and make amazing games with. (acourding to paradoxnj's most recent posts)

Have fun RFing :D
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Thu May 12, 2011 12:35 am

Yes. You will be able to convert actors and some level geometry to RF2. Entities will not port over. I will do my best to write a converter, but the entity system in RF2 is very different than RF1. The converter will not be priority one.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:29 am

I was wondering: are you programming in C++? If so, is RF2 even based off Genesis3D? I doubt it since RF2 doesn't have the Genesis3D loading screen on it.

btw, did you all know there is a 2D mmorpg maker called Genesis2D? I almost typed in Genesis2D instead of G3D :D
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

jamieo01

Post by jamieo01 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:15 pm

RF2 is using the ogre engine and is nothing to do with the very old Genesis3D

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Thu May 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Yes. I am programming RF2 in C++. Jamie is correct...it uses the Ogre engine. It has absolutely nothing to do with Genesis 3D.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

lekeoi

Post by lekeoi » Thu May 12, 2011 11:01 pm

paradoxnj wrote:Yes. You will be able to convert actors and some level geometry to RF2. Entities will not port over. I will do my best to write a converter, but the entity system in RF2 is very different than RF1. The converter will not be priority one.
good enough for me. It's not like i had made that much progress anyway
"Life is like a box of ammo." You always know what your going to get.