Promises, promises

Discuss the development of Reality Factory 2
Nighthawk_0973

Re: Promises, promises

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:04 am

If anything is a competitor it's RF2. I'm not saying it is a competetor, I'm just saying that if you're going to say that one of these game engines are 'competitors' against RF, you're probably going to go with RF2. Since it was named after RF and is still built from scratch.

(Going a bit off topic...)
I personally think that bernies role in GD is an important one. Being a game designer for an MMO game I realize that testing isn't like playing a video game. It's not necessarily hard work, but it's tireing (especially trying out each indivisual class/race/factions capabilities in the game) and everything you test can go a few ways:

An Acheivement, something worth celebrating,
Nothing much, just standard progress,
Or an epic (epic) failure.

Having someone test your project is good because you have a reason to take a break, so that when the results are in, you'll be well rested and ready to dive back into the code.
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:22 pm

Guys...enough fighting. Everything will be done when it is done and anyone could use anything they want.

Glad you're ok Bernie. We didn't see you for a while and got worried.

Nighthawk...Game Development is HARD. That is why it takes the average professional development studio 1.5 - 4 years to make a game. Yes...RF2 is named after RF. That is because the same features, plus new ones will be supported.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:29 pm

BTW...code is checked in and Binary Dependencies have been uploaded. You have to write script to do stuff though. I don't have time to write one for you. I am working on the camera and the world database now. I want the camera to be able to be customized but have some precanned cameras like first person, third person and isometric.

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:58 pm

paradoxnj wrote:Nighthawk...Game Development is HARD. That is why it takes the average professional development studio 1.5 - 4 years to make a game. Yes...RF2 is named after RF. That is because the same features, plus new ones will be supported.
I know game development is hard...I'm a game developer. That's what I was saying in my last post. (sort of) I came into game development prepared for that. Other people don't. And thats why many people never get past the stage where they work on a game using a game engine and the engines default scripts, models, and images, since they work 'so hard on it' and don't get a forum threads worth of positive remarks. But as you said, let's stop fighting. :D
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:05 am

A few Points.

I think its time to make it clear we have and I think I have said this before have total respect for para we are not at war or in conflict with him and he is a great coder.

We will help each other as time goes by its hard to get anything of this scale we and para are trying to do and I am sure we can help each other as time goes on.

Its all for the benefit if RF we just started out in 2 different ways as far as people wanting to hit me and Bernie I think in stead of threats it would be a better solution if they could help.

Again just to make it clear we have the greatest regard for para and what he is doing and the journey he has undertaken and believe me when push comes to shove it will be para we will support not a nobody making ideal threats.

Regards

Terry

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:56 pm

Ya...Zany while I appreciate the defense, I can't condone violence. It's just a game engine. It's not like someone insulted someone directly. Even if they did, "sticks and stones" applies. We are all friends in the end here. There will be disagreements, but everything can be resolved without violence. I have to defend Bernie and Terry here. That was just flat out wrong to say even if you didn't really mean it.

As far as RF2 and GameDirector, it's as simple as this...Bernie and Terry have an editor but no game shell...I have a game shell but no editor. Eventually, they will come together in one form or another so no more fighting about this.

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:11 pm

So Game Director and RF 2 are like the two main components you need to have a game engine? Sweet :D

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:20 am

paradoxnj wrote:Ya...Zany while I appreciate the defense, I can't condone violence. It's just a game engine. It's not like someone insulted someone directly. Even if they did, "sticks and stones" applies. We are all friends in the end here. There will be disagreements, but everything can be resolved without violence. I have to defend Bernie and Terry here. That was just flat out wrong to say even if you didn't really mean it.

As far as RF2 and GameDirector, it's as simple as this...Bernie and Terry have an editor but no game shell...I have a game shell but no editor. Eventually, they will come together in one form or another so no more fighting about this.
I should note that the "I could hit you" thing wasn't meant seriously. Just a sorta frustrated RAAAAAAAAAA as it were. That's why I put the smiley on the end ;o

And this topic seems to me to be very insulting to you, particularly terry's first post. If bernie's first post was merely a reminder to you then fine, but terry saying things like GD = RF3, GD > RF2, GD is making more progress than RF2 and is better, etc. ticked me off quite a bit.

I wasn't aware that GD and RF2 would be combined at one stage; I was under the distinct impression that they were two separate projects and would remain as such.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:52 am

Topic locked.