RF2 Feature Requests

Discuss the development of Reality Factory 2
GMer

Re: RF2 Feature Requests

Post by GMer » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:31 pm

Somebody played Shadow of the Colossus.
Nope, don't even own the game (or anything above a PS2), just an imagination in overdrive (maybe I should buy a transmission for it...)

I'm glad that the description cleared up that little "ray tracing / ray collision" confusion
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Some 2d games I made, haven't made anything in a year though O.o
http://www.yoyogames.com/users/GMer56

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:24 am

Shadow of the Colossus was a very early PS2 game. It was the first one to actually use HDR rendering on the PS2. You should check it out. It's probably $10 (or less) now. It's a great game. The scenario you presented is very similar to the boss battles from that game. In order to defeat the Colossus (Colossi?) you must climb up their bodies and strike them on the weak parts of their body. Each Colossus has different spots. The people who made that game also make the PSOne game ICO.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:21 am

On the fly editing of INI files, so that you can see the results as yuo edit it, would be great.I don't know if a custom INI editor is in the workings, but for example on the RF2 demo videos, Andy is trying to move the menu text underneath the RF2 logo, and it takes a bit of trial and error, if it was changed on the fly, he could do that much faster and more accurately.The example is probably not the best but I don't know what else to cite, althoguh what would be even cooler is on the fly EDIT/RENDER so that you can change lghting on the editor and then open up the MINIMIZED game and see the lighting changes immediately.Probably not easy to do though.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.