Some sound effects

Discussions on how to obtain and make sound effects and music.
Anonymu$

Some sound effects

Post by Anonymu$ » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:54 pm

Car chrash : put metal and wood to a box and shake it.
Fight : take a pumpkin and attack him with wooden weapon
rain : take tin and throw rice (uncooked) on it
shoots to wood : take plywood and chrash it .

Copyright Clayton E. Crooks II, "Awesome 3d game development no programming required"
:)

Anonymu$

Post by Anonymu$ » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:17 pm

steven8

Post by steven8 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:00 pm

The forum's alive. . .with sound of effects!! Man, that just don't 'sound' right, does it? :lol: :shock:

Cool ideas for sound effects, Anonymu$. I've gotta try them out. Thanks!

And thanks for the new forum, QOD!!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

Anonymu$

Post by Anonymu$ » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:11 pm

Thank you steven8

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:18 pm

Thanks for that link Anonymu$. Iv'e been searching for somthing like that for a while now.
I think this Forum Topic will be very useful, thanks for the suggestion Scott it's a great idea and thanks for putting it up QOD.

Anonymu$

Post by Anonymu$ » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:23 pm

http://www.grsites.com/sounds/

lots of sound but not easy download , to your e-mail ,
i didnt try so they can not work :?

And these are in ram format :
http://ljudo.com/default.asp?lang=tEnglish&do=it

links to audio sites:
http://www.stonewashed.net/sfx.html
http://soundeffects.safeandeasy.info/

fps
Location: in a magical land devoid of hope, happiness, and sanity.

Post by fps » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:35 pm

you should also try flash kit.
I have problems with the fake gun sound effects and stuff in games because they are too quiet and unrealistic, if you have the same problem you shoud try this.

Gun shot : shoot a gun, preferably out an OPEN window in a safe direction or use blanks. (light calibur like 22 shorts or long rifle hollow points)

HA problem solved.

excuse me, now i need to fix this hole in my window. :wink:

wackedoutbiker

Post by wackedoutbiker » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:45 pm

Different guns have different sounds, though...if I ever get my hands on an AK-47 or other rifles I'll post sounds of them.
More atrocities are committed in the name of that which is holy and righteous than that which is wicked and evil

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:22 am

Counter-Strike is a great source of different weapon sounds.
Pain is only psychological.

psYco

Post by psYco » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:24 pm

@ annonomYs you read awsome 3D game dev no programming required? Me 2!! thats where I heard about RF! Where did you hear about the book?

There are loads of SFX floating around here are sum I have loads! These are my weapons sounds! Its basically all the weapon sounds from my game School of the Dead I hope you all like it there are 9 weapons each with fire and reload sounds! :D

Oh damn sorry was about to upload the sounds in a .rar file to file front but the upload function ''is down for mantinence at the moment and will be back shortly we appologise for the inconvinence'' so I will post here again as soon as I can upload the files! sorry! :(

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:59 am

fps wrote:you should also try flash kit.
I have gotten many sound effects from flash kit (*150+) However, you need to be really cautious about the license. Most I have seen are freeware. I have also seen shareware, linkware, and other wierd licenses there. One thing to note is some of there sounds uploaded are ripped illegally. Some are easy to tell they are illegal. Yeah, go and find the jedi lightsaber sound. How else could that have gotten there? I have also found sounds that say, its this gun from this Resident Evil and stuff like that. There are a ton of good sound effects on flash kit, just be careful about legal issues.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

psYco

Post by psYco » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am

Actually I believe that the original lightsabre sound was created by the static caused when a mic is passed too close to the speaker, soooo it is possible taht sum1 else created this effect again? Although I do agree with what your saying.

Although Ive always been a bit unclear on the liscence of sound witin a game/ movie altouhg im sure its illegal to rip the sounds from the game files I know a guy who ripped ALL the sound files out of HL2 Doom3 and FarCry (although he says he got it frm a friend and I never took the files so I dont know) but is it also illegal to listen to or even record the sounds from within a game/movie in order to recreate them your self in an audio editing program?

Oh sorry about those sounds I was going to upload them 2day but the filefront server is still down! GRRRR :evil:

GD1

Post by GD1 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:18 pm

if you read IGN they have an article about how the Star Wars sound fx guy ripped a sound off from another movie and used it in all the SW and Indiana Jones films.

i use mics alot and passing them in front of the speaker usually gives you deafening feedback, not a lightsaber sound. but i'll check into it.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox

psYco

Post by psYco » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:50 pm

well I saw it in the special features of the star wars six pack collection! I saw it a while ago so Im not sure mabey it said passing the mic infront of sumink else all I remember was it was one of those long movie like mic's and the person was saying that they would actually watch the action sequences and swing the mic-thingy around trying to simulate what the lightsabres were doing, that made the sound seem right for the movements,

Although im sure for ep's I-III they used modern tech rather than swinging a mic around (Thing that i think they said was a speaker but i could be mistaken)

Any way I may not infact post the sounds for my game School of the dead since now that im told you can sumtimes get ''pirated'' sounds frm the net im not sure of their legallity! Well at least im not selling my game!

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:21 pm

psYco wrote: Any way I may not infact post the sounds for my game School of the dead since now that im told you can sumtimes get ''pirated'' sounds frm the net im not sure of their legallity! Well at least im not selling my game!
Yes, this goes for any resource. You need to be careful. It isnt hard for someone to copy a file and upload it and call it their own. Even though this is very possible for any instance, I wouldn't worry excessively over the possibility of any site having some illegal files. The important thing is to find trustworthy sites and know how to spot the sounds that are posted illegally. Yes there are tons of sounds everywhere and no real way to tell what is copied and what isnt. I figure that as long as I know the site claims it is completely legit and it seems like a good hearted site, I will download. I know I will never know if some of my FX are in fact pirated, but as far as I know they are completely legal.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.