sound editer

Discussions on how to obtain and make sound effects and music.
scott

sound editer

Post by scott » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:30 pm

well last year during college my lecturer was a sound specialest who plays around with sound and creats music from altering the properties to samples, he gave me a cd with a programe called steinberg remix its aparntly doesnt hold a licence any more due to the original company selling it off and then being sold of again and then that company sort of forgot about it weather this is true i dont know but he is a trust worthy person so i belive so, i havnt searched google yet due to sorting out the virus and havnt got round to downloading it if possible but just letting you guys know about the possibility.
*GD*

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:07 pm

Steinberg Remix became Steinberg WaveLab. Steinberg does not make any free products.

A good free sound editor is Audacity.

scott

Post by scott » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:13 pm

well i wasnt exactly sure if it was "free" but im sure it has no licience that you have to follow to publish your work, my lecturer picked it up in a box of 8 programmes for £10 - £20 so its cheap and from what i saw and used of it it was easy and powerful.
*GD*

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:20 pm

All Steinberg software uses the security dongle for copy protection. If your program does not have a security dongle, it is not legal. In addition, if your lecturer did not pick it up from an authorized Steinberg dealer, it's not legal.

You may want to be careful before publishing anything with it.

psYco

Post by psYco » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:48 pm

well if your useing it to edit sounds in your game, and you paid for the product who is going to listen to the sound and be like that sound was made/recorded with program X, Y and Z, PAY REVENUE NOW!! plus if its a non profit/ non finished, game like (no offence) most RF games are, then wheres the big deal?

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:07 am

The person that would read these forums and see this thread. ;) Remember, someone can say that about your game when you make one. Would you like that?

psYco

Post by psYco » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:30 am

Okay I see your point. okay this is scotts post and we have realy gone off topic sorry scott :oops:

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:10 am

Scott, Audacity is actually better than Remix. You may want to check it out.

scott

Post by scott » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:19 pm

sure, my lecturer got it in a pack from a shop called GAME, its a shop selling console games and pc software, so i belive it was legal.

it was just cheap and lookd easy to use, i cant look at Audacity just now, as im slightly busy to see what its all about but will take a look at it tomorow.
*GD*