Model List

Project for GameDev.net's Four Elements VI Contest
September 27th, 2007 to April 3rd, 2008
Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:53 pm

Since the skeletons of the must be the same as the skeletons of the characters, i don't think it makes sense to add bones at the moment. Or are the characters finished already?
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Re: Model List

Post by paradoxnj » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:36 pm

List has been updated.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

scott

Post by scott » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:58 pm

well im gona do a fountine for you and possibly some huts, how many polly are we looking at for the fountain and is it gona have a statue or something in the middle, or it could be a one sided fountain?

materials for the huts are we going for brik? stone? wood? wood beam and plasta? mud huts? personaly i think the wooden beam huts would look nice, do you want the inside and the outside modeld?

do you want caves or rocks? rocks would be modeld, caves would be textured.
*GD*

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:50 pm

It should be an elegant fountain. A statue in the middle would be cool. The huts should be straw and wood. Cave rocks are useful also.

scott

Post by scott » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:09 pm

ok well i will get onto the water fountain, the hut im not too sure on the style you want.

this was the closest i could find to whati think you mean, possibly smaller than that though
http://www.my-french-house.com/listman/ ... /540_1.jpg

if you have an image of the style your after it would help

im not sure how your going to get the cristal effect, if it was any modern engine i would say shaders, but as it stands we dont have support for that.

finaly when you say "Cave rocks are useful also" does that mean you just want the rocks, if you want the caves aswel then it may be an idea for the layout of the caves unless its just a small hole in a large rock.
*GD*

scott

Post by scott » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:20 pm

sorry for the edouble post but i just got a crazy idea, fountain statue, a large dragon statue coming our of water, think this would look awsome but im not sure if it would fit in with the game, would like aproval before i comit to it :D
*GD*

ericssin

Post by ericssin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:28 am

ok here is the first textured sword, its already on ACT format so check it and tell me if it works ok, I think axis are a little messed up.
DOWNLOAD:
http://criptoware.atwebpages.com/downloads/was.rar
or
http://www.uploading.com/files/VST7IYMN/was.zip.html

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:10 am

has a nice texture
Herp derp.

scott

Post by scott » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:08 pm

i have been giving this a little thought, the water beast, what ever it be, could be the statue in the middle of the founain, it protects the water cystal that it rests on, there are legends that say the water beast protects the crystal, the player would go of searching for water sources where it could be, however its actualy under their nose, the fountain statue is the water beast, the crystal it lies upon is the water crystal, the player would remove the crystal to awaken the beast, the statue world turn from rock into the beast that then defends the crystal, the beast in the statue could be the king of the water beasts or an elder water beast (being very very old)
*GD*

jonas

Post by jonas » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:20 pm

Hey now that's a cool idea. :D Kind of reminds me of that scene in FF7 Advent Children where they have the fight with that beast by the fountain. :)

@ericssin Nice looking texture man. :)

Good too see that this project is still moving forward. I hope to find an area to contribute in. Sounds like a good story idea too.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

ericssin

Post by ericssin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:44 am

quickly drafted a crate :P texture and model needs some tweaking but so far looks good IMO, check it how looks inside engine and tell us
DOWNLOAD ACT FILE:http://www.uploading.com/files/6OMBQ2F1/crates.zip.html

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:49 pm

Nice work on the sword and crate. For now, please email them to paradoxnj@comcast.net. I will setup FTP space on Jet3D.com as a repository.