Player cannot slip along the wall...

Post any Bug Reports here
tchyt

Player cannot slip along the wall...

Post by tchyt » Mon May 29, 2006 8:37 am

Hello, :D

In FPS mode (RF 072), the player cannot slip along the wall (he is stuck- he cannot move forward (along the wall), just like there is something blocking his way). Does anybody have this problem?

tchyt

Post by tchyt » Tue May 30, 2006 2:42 am

RF 072 has been released long time ago so it is strange that noboby covers this problem in the whole forum. This bug does not exist with RF version before 072. No matter it is my own map or RF demo map, simply slip along the walls and one of them will trap you right at the time/ the point you touch it. This does not happen to all of the 4 walls (for 4 directions) but to a certain walls (directions)). I have tested it on 3 different computers and they all have the same problem.

On the enclosed image, you are at point 0, keep pressing the forward button; when touching the wall at point 1, you will be stuck there so you won't be able to split along the wall to go to point 2 (though the forward button has not been released yet).
Attachments
rfbug-gif.gif
enclosed image is HERE
rfbug-gif.gif (1.52 KiB) Viewed 588 times

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Tue May 30, 2006 8:37 am

I think I remember having something like this myself too. It didn't bother me much though.
Pain is only psychological.