Strange bug pleeese HELP!

Post any Bug Reports here
psYco

Strange bug pleeese HELP!

Post by psYco » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:16 pm

This bug is realy weird and i cant seem to fix it, ive been using RF for over a year and have worked on two projects, but have never seen anything like this;
For some reason every time I exit my game, from the menu my screen goes all black and nothing works! I have to restart my machine every time I test the game! And even after undoing everything Ive done since it started happening it still happens! This is major, do I have to start from scratch? or has this happend before.

:shock: :x Please help I cant work it out!? :shock: :x

This is the first time its happened its also the first time ive used the most recent RF availible on the home page.

My hardware specs are damn high and more than enough to run RF properly and I have the most up to date DirectX

scott

Post by scott » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:30 pm

try scanning your hard drive for virus or spyware, it may not be anything to do with RF, it could be a virus where it activates if you use a certain file in windows system or something, this could be a file that runs your graphics card, or it could be something completely different.

i also have the current version but i have no problem so if it is a virus, it isnt from RF.
*GD*

psYco

Thanks

Post by psYco » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:47 pm

:) thanks for the advice! BUT :( i dout it I have always kept myvirus checker (MacAfee) up to date and do a check every fortnight (I know its alot but I have had problems with viruses before) I think I probably just broke RF, ive managed it before! :evil: Any way this time I wont have THAT much work to do Ive only started with a concept and some modells see Job offerings - ''New online dev team All walcome! Join Today!''

Any way thanks for the help! :D

scott

Post by scott » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:57 pm

if you have broken RF, you can coppy your work, thats your .bsp file and your .txl and all .ini files you have changed and re-install RF that may work and then you dont have to do all that work again.
*GD*

psYco

Post by psYco » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:28 pm

Yeah thats a good idea ill do that, copying the work into a fresh RF little by little may also tell me whats broken!

Thanks Scott :D