[Fixed 076] Player falls through platform at 512 texels

Post any Bug Reports here
GD1

Post by GD1 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:40 pm

this has happened to me before, way back with RF 071.

you need to check the bounding box of the model you are using as a moving platform. If you have bAllowInside set to true, the platform will let you actually go INSIDE its bounding box, instead nicely situated on top of it. so when you start to go up you fall the rest of the way through the box.

trust me on this. turn OFF bAllowInside and your problem should be fixed.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox

Larryboy

Post by Larryboy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:48 pm

Just checked and bAllowInside is set ot false in all my platforms. I think this is the default.

Thanks anyway

jonas

Post by jonas » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:20 pm

Have you tried making another platform that goes the rest of the way up? Also can you stand on anything nonmoving above that level?
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

steven8

Post by steven8 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:22 am

Good thinking, Jonas. Make a ladder that is taller than 512, and see if you get stopped while climbing!!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sun May 20, 2007 3:28 pm

incenseman2003

Re: [Fixed 076] Player falls through platform at 512 texels

Post by incenseman2003 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:22 pm

I have recently contacted QOD about this issue.

He asked me to send him a level that has this issue in it and I did so.

He said that it was the first time that he had actually been able to see the issue first hand. QOD also informed me that he is involved in other things and has no time for RF right now.

He said that he fixed it by deleting and re adding the MovingPlatform model and suggested that I do the same.

I deleted and re added the MovingPlatform model as suggested and it did not fix the issue.

I informed QOD of my results.

Just waiting for a response. I may not get one for some time as he is a very busy person.

Current status: The player still falls through MovingPlatforms. Player also cannot ride MovingPlatforms horizontally, the platform moves and the player does not. Also, when I start the editor from the start menu it says that it cannot find the txl. After I tell it where to find the txl it then only has the following entities availible: Light, ModelOrigin, Spotlight and sunlight. If I go to the RF/tools folder and just double click in the editor it starts right up and runs normally.

Does anyone else have these issues?
Last edited by incenseman2003 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even those that are the most knowledgeable started with many questions.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:37 pm

incenseman2003 wrote:He said that he fixed it by deleting and re adding the MovingPlatform entity and suggested that I do the same.

I deleted and re added the MovingPlatform entity as suggested and it did not fix the issue.
I suggested to remove and re-add the model, not the entity!

incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:22 am

I did that also. I have edited my post to reflect the actual suggestion and the action that I took.

My bad.

I have also tried reinstalling RF.

Current status: The player still falls through MovingPlatforms. Player also cannot ride MovingPlatforms horizontally, the platform moves and the player does not. Also, when I start the editor from the start menu it says that it cannot find the txl. After I tell it where to find the txl it then only has the following entities availible: Light, ModelOrigin, Spotlight and sunlight. If I go to the RF/tools folder and just double click in the editor it starts right up and runs normally.
Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even those that are the most knowledgeable started with many questions.

incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:26 am

This issue is not fixed yet it is labeled as fixed.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:13 pm

This bug IS fixed. You have a different problem related to the editor.