Unusual compiling error... Please help!

Post any Bug Reports here
cipher123

Unusual compiling error... Please help!

Post by cipher123 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:37 pm

Hi everybody,

I'd like to apologise in advance if this is one of the messages you see countless numbers of times and has a really simple answer.

I need help!

I'm new to RF and keen to learn. When running the Editor software, after creating my creation, saving it, then compiling it (and choosing "Preview"), I get a recurring error message.

It states "The instruction at '0x0048419' referenced memory at '0x00000080' could not be read."
Upon clicking ok or cancel, I get the "Send error report" dialog.

I always get this message when the black loading screen appears whilst attempting to preview the game. I merrily get to the 'pick a character' thing, then, after naming it, clicking 'Done' gives me the error. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've virus scanned and done all the obvious stuff already.

After restarting my computer, the problem seems to stop for the first time o compiling, but then, from then onwards, it appears again.

My system is high on specs, and exceeds those to use RF.

Thanks for the help.

hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:26 am

Post what kind of computer, video card, memory, what operating system, etc. you have.

http://terrymorgan.net/rffaq.zip

If you have windows xp you might have to
right-click on realityfactory.exe and choose
windows 98 compatibility.

cipher123

HELP!

Post by cipher123 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:35 am

My XP operating system, under 'System info', says XP Professional, although when I bought it I was told it was a Media Center Edition (it includes the Media Center program).

My video card is, i think, an ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 SERIES.

My memory is 80GB HD, 1GB DDR RAM, but that's about as much as I know. It's a very new and very fast computer in my mind, but I'm still new to XP, so I'm not quite sure how it compares to others.

When running in 98 compatibility mode, I got the same error.