[NOT A BUG] Catalyst Drivers don't like RF?

Post any Bug Reports here
PocoRev

[NOT A BUG] Catalyst Drivers don't like RF?

Post by PocoRev » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:40 am

hi -

for a while, i had been thinking that my problems with trying to get RF levels to survive past the genesis splashscreen were connected to windows SP2... however, after a recent reformat, i have found my assumptions to be incorrect.

SP2 and everything else has been reinstalled... everything that is EXCEPT the catalyst drivers for my 9800 pro card. the thing is, RF now purrs like a kitten :shock:

before, when i was struggling with my 'SP2' theory, i changed my catalyst drivers several times... from oldest available to the brand new cutting edge ones and nothing worked - which kind of supported my theory. :P

anyone else experience this sort of weirdness with ATI drivers?

GD1

Post by GD1 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:19 am

uh... i dont think thats it, because i have the latest catalyst drivers on my new computer and RF runs silky smooth (on windows XP SP2). Maybe you had some spyware or something else you didn't know about.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:16 am

catylyst drivers/rf works perfectly for me, too... radeon 9600pro, though...

(offtopic: GD1, when did you get an ati? :D )

PocoRev

Post by PocoRev » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:07 am

humm.... interesting thingy this is turning out to be. well, i'll install the latest drivers again and see. since i have a fresh format (etc...) and RF is running fine at the moment, i guess this will be the test.

i'll let you fellas know how i make out.

thanks for responding to my thread :)

>>EDIT<<

well the catalyst drivers are installed and everything is still fine :shock:
you must be right about some previous spyware etc... causing the problems i had.

btw... this latest demo level (o72a) is the most interesting and helpful i've seen yet. i get respectable framerates, and it shows a LOT of what RF is capable of. not sure who to congratulate on this, but my hat's off to whoever is responsible :)

thanks again guys, for taking the time to read and respond to my post.

NolanK

Post by NolanK » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:45 am

not sure who to congratulate on this, but my hat's off to whoever is responsible Smile
I believe that would be Quest of Dreams, but not 100% sure. :wink:
All your base are belong to us.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:12 pm

btw... this latest demo level (o72a) is the most interesting and helpful i've seen yet. i get respectable framerates, and it shows a LOT of what RF is capable of. not sure who to congratulate on this, but my hat's off to whoever is responsible
thx, that's what I had in mind when I made this level. In fact I wanted to create a standard level for testing and demonstrating most of rf features while keeping up the frame rate. Since it is easily expandable it will probably be the default level for the next few releases

GD1

Post by GD1 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:33 pm

yep, it was great tech demo! I wasn't aware of what some of RF's features were capable of before that demo.

Yeah, i got an ATI. It's not really my computer, but i use it all the time.

Hewlett-Packard
2.4GHz Processor
512MB RAM
180GB HD
ATI XPress 200m Shared RAM GPU
DVDRW+CDRW drive (12X I think)
DVD 12X Drive
19" Active-Matrix LCD monitor

Runs everythink perfectly smooth right out of the box, no tweaking needed. Area 51, Doom 3 (not that i play it), Halo, NFSU2, Pariah. Only thing that has given me problems is The Chronicles of Riddick demo.

But, anyway, back on topic, Your problem most likely was spyware. Chances are, no matter how good your virus protection is, if you have been online, your computer has some form of spyware.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox