buggy blending animation command...

Post any Bug Reports here
NolanK

buggy blending animation command...

Post by NolanK » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:56 am

Whenever i use the AnimateBlend() command to blend my scripted player's animation to the next animation, if the previous blend hasn't reached the first frame of the next animation, it automaticly skips to the first frame of the next animation then blends to the new animation (if that makes any sense at all). This only happens when the blend command doesn't have enough time to blend to the first keyframe of the new animation and it has to do a new animation blend so it automaticly skips to the first keyframe while skipping the blend. :(

This messy blending is only happening when i change key presses very quickly or when i quickly tap a key. I understand why its blending messely but i dont think it should be. :cry:

What i want to happen (and what i think should happen), is that the animation should blend to the new animation from whatever keyframe it is on, and not ALWAYS from the first keyframe of the animation, if the previous blend has not yet been completed.

Sorry if that doesnt really make any sense. It's pretty hard to explain. :?

For those of you that did understand that, what i want to know is if there is way to fix that problem or if there is another command that blends animations better.

I have found a way around the problem but it won't be too good in the long run because i made it so the blending HAS to finish before the next blend starts so the blending is ALWAYS smooth. This works but there can be a delay because you can't quickly tap keys consecutively. This will not work for the type of game that im making. :wink:

Anyhelp on the subject would be greatly appreciated! :D:D
All your base are belong to us.

NolanK

Post by NolanK » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:09 pm

im guessing no one knows what im talking about :) :?

Sorry about double posting.
All your base are belong to us.

hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:17 pm

I'm guessing no one knows what im talking about
Nope, but I put in the the FAQ in case anyone ever does
figure it out

http://terrymorgan.net/rffaq.zip

NolanK

Post by NolanK » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:59 am

thx :D:D