back again

Post any Bug Reports here
zx532

back again

Post by zx532 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:48 am

ok, reality factory is now randomly crashing in the middle of level building i highly doubt that i am overloading the program since i cant figure out how to add anything other than the six pre-fab templates (not my problem though ill figure that one out)
also im building the Titanic as a world (for a school project) and there have been several cases where the wall that i am manually constructing to avoid using cut brushes (why are they bad?) shows up on the 2d views but when it is entered into the textured view its there but its only a few faces and i also cant select it what is wrong and is it user-error?
i realize that i just asked four questions there and i apologize i don't mean to be the noob (for lack of a better term) who plagues the forums continually asking for help i just know very little about this program and my low understanding of computers isn't helping either

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Re: back again

Post by paradoxnj » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Why don't you try reading the manual and the ebook first? They pretty much explain 99% of everything you are trying to do and they show you how to do it properly.

The Titanic is a pretty big undertaking. You might want to split up the different rooms into separate BSP files so that you don't degrade performance. If you are just modelling the outside, then you should use a modelling program (e.g 3DS MAX, Milkshape, Maya) and not RF.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

zx532

Post by zx532 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:46 pm

when you say "manual" do you mean the one page word document that came with reality factory stating what it is, the fact that you dont need to know any programming, and that it isnt optimized for any one genre. because those three paragraphs are all i get when i open the file titled "RF manual"

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Read the manual that comes with RF it's in the Docs folder.