wont update map when i run in reality factory!

Post any Bug Reports here
jkurtzman

wont update map when i run in reality factory!

Post by jkurtzman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Whenever i us the rf edit pro i compile my map then run it in reality factory but it wont update my map! Please Help!!! :x

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: wont update map when i run in reality factory!

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:47 pm

You really need to provide more information about your problem to get reasonable help :!:
Which component of the level does not update? An entity setting, the level geometry, the lighting, ...?
Is the file path in the compile dialog set up correctly? Is the 'Entities Only' option in the compile dialog checked or unchecked? Does the level compile without any errors?
Do you run the level using the preview option in the editor or by starting RealityFactory.exe directly?
... :?:

jkurtzman

Post by jkurtzman » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:12 am

More information:
When i finish changing my level and build compile no errors occur. After compiling it will not let me preview my level because it says realityfactory.exe cannot be found!. Basically When i compile then run it through reality factory it doesnt update anything and all the walls are the same textures! I do not have the "Entities Only" Checkbox Checked. It only makes 2 rooms all the same textures with one robot. My RF Edit Pro says it has 4 rooms in my level.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:36 am

A simple forum search would have told you that this is a known issue. Level preview does not work.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

jkurtzman

Post by jkurtzman » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:54 am

paradoxnj Said:
A simple forum search would have told you that this is a known issue. Level preview does not work.
What do you mean? Thats not my problem. My problem is that i run Reality Factory.exe to run my game. Whatever i change from rf edit pro Doesnt change in reality factory!

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:33 am

jkurtzman wrote:After compiling it will not let me preview my level because it says realityfactory.exe cannot be found!
Start the editor from within the tools folder instead of the start menu shortcut (the installer has a bug and doesn't set up the working directory correctly for that link). If you're already doing so, try to install Reality Factory to C:\RealityFactory instead of the default option C:\Program Files\RealityFactory.
Don't use the 'View with Engine' option as that one is pretty much broken. Instead use the 'Preview in Reality Factory' option in the compile dialog. (I suppose you're already doing this, though)
jkurtzman wrote: Basically When i compile then run it through reality factory it doesnt update anything and all the walls are the same textures! I do not have the "Entities Only" Checkbox Checked. It only makes 2 rooms all the same textures with one robot. My RF Edit Pro says it has 4 rooms in my level.
Double check that the output path in the compile dialog is correct, e.g. if you installed RF to C:\RealityFactory then the path should be something like C:\RealityFactory\media\levels\mylevel.map

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:15 pm

You said:
After compiling it will not let me preview my level because it says realityfactory.exe cannot be found!.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....