in D3D,Attached actors wont stick permanently to parent

Post any Bug Reports here
Veleran

in D3D,Attached actors wont stick permanently to parent

Post by Veleran » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:56 am

Using the super fast opengl the tank turrets might run ok,sticking to their body but,(although i have nt tested it since 2003)
however,in d3d they re left behind like they re not fixed in the body when that moves.

in d3d Pawns generally jerk a littlel when they move,their movement is nt completely smooth.
I know this last one does nt look like a major bug,but it may have something to do with the attached turrets bugs.

I was thinking setting up a small level with two mech like-blue against and red ,(using a lower poly lod version of a mech model i was making as 3d modelling exercise).

But,that small low poly mech has normal maps that make it look better-that needs d3d to run it.
Do you think the turret jerk bug could be fixed and there might be another release with the fix or
should i try making the actors stuff look acceptable just using a diffuse without normal maps?

Veleran

Re: in D3D,Attached actors wont stick permanently to parent

Post by Veleran » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:51 am

P.S:It has been years since i tested it,if its fixed tell me.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:44 pm

That's not really a matter of opengl vs d3d. It's an issue depending on the frame rate. Please, test with the current release and see if this still happens.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:58 pm

It works fine when the skeletons between the slave and Master Pawn are exactly the same.
I tried this way another command instead the AttachToActor ,the AttachAccessory to Pawn Hat and it sticks fine on the master actor.
Before that i was trying to optimize the skeleton systems by having only two bones for the attachment actor instead of the same skeleton with the master.