ambient of normal mapping

Post any Bug Reports here
Veleran

ambient of normal mapping

Post by Veleran » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:54 am

I was exporting an actor with normal mapping,and

by mistake i forgot to name the base "diffuse" material with the prefix BN0_ before exporting.

I added the extra material with the normal map in actorstudio,and
the actor showed up without the one light bug,and receieved lightning from all lights-although everething in it looked purple.

In the pic there are three static entities:
The red ones are with the correst prefixed materials.

The purple one is with the wrong named material,
and the ambientlightfromfloor = true shows almost normaly.

The red devils are correctly exported and have a default light from the west,unless the player lights a flashlight and approaches them close.

WXb1-can we ged rid of the purple fill colors-or is it a matter of updating to direct-x 9?
Attachments
normal_mapping_ambient_1.JPG
normal_mapping_ambient_1.JPG (17.7 KiB) Viewed 637 times

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:14 am

I found out that from all lights,spotlights and dynamic spotlights affect the normal mapped actors,without affecting the actor colors,
and only one spotlight at the time.
the other lights did nt affect them.
I once saw a flame light a norm. mapped actor when the player was near, but i could nt repeat it.

Anyway-the norm.mapped actor lightning was affected by the direction the player was lit by a spotlight as the camera turned around.

wxb1
RF Dev Team

Re: ambient of normal mapping

Post by wxb1 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:21 pm

Veleran wrote:WXb1-can we ged rid of the purple fill colors-or is it a matter of updating to direct-x 9?
You probably figured this out but there is no purple fill color... You must name your actor with the appropriate name or you will get no dot3 normal mapping... You will just get the texture that you mapped the actor with... The actor is affected by only the closest light (only 1) and if you use dot3 lighting you will not get the traditional colored vertex lighting...