[OBSOLETE] Crashing

Post any Bug Reports here
Tec

[OBSOLETE] Crashing

Post by Tec » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:50 am

the program seems to crash whenever i launch any demo made with this game.. very odd :(

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:42 pm

Which demo are you trying to run?
Where exactly does it crash (at the genesis logo, when you start a new game, ingame)?
What are your system specs?
In the main directory there should be a file called RealityFactory.log (you can open it with any text editor), it might give us some hints why the game crashes.

d_darkshadow

rf demo crashes but not rf itself

Post by d_darkshadow » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:34 am

Ive got the same problem as well. For me the demo seems to freeze on the genesis 3d splash screen, all it does is have electricity flickering forever. This is strange as when I download and try reality factory itself it works proprly. I have a log file from Against The Machines example attached. Is there a way to disable to splash screen?

This is what's in the log file:

Searching for fullscreen driver
geEngine_SetDriverAndMode failure
Genesis3D engine creation failure

GD1

Post by GD1 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:17 am

try opening d3d24.ini and setting FSAntialiasing = 0
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:44 am

Ive got the same problem as well. For me the demo seems to freeze on the genesis 3d splash screen, all it does is have electricity flickering forever. This is strange as when I download and try reality factory itself it works proprly. I have a log file from Against The Machines example attached. Is there a way to disable to splash screen?
If the demo freezes on the genesis 3d splash screen, it uses an older version of RF that doesn't work with hyperthreaded/fast processors. Try setting the compatibility mode of the .exe to Windows 98 (right click on the file, go to properties -> compatibility).
The genesis3d license doesn't allow removing the logo unless you pay for it.

d_darkshadow

Post by d_darkshadow » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:50 am

thanks, it works perfectly now