Wish List

Topics regarding the actor editor Equity
creekmonkey

Wish List

Post by creekmonkey » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:36 pm

I have been using Equity a lot lately, with nearly every model I create.

Just a thought for future release, it would be nice to be able to set prefrences in Equity, such as file paths. My models are saved in different directories than RF, and sometimes many levels deep. But when I rebuild and actor I want it saved into my RF directory, which at times takes a lot of clicking and drilling down through folders. Being able to set the folder for rebuilding an actor would be awsome and very time saving.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Re: Wish List

Post by paradoxnj » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:19 pm

I'm thinking that Equity warrants it's own forum now. Does everyone agree?
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Yes that's a good idea. Definitely.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:57 pm

Just a thought for future release, it would be nice to be able to set prefrences in Equity, such as file paths.
I'll see what we can do.

I'm thinking that Equity warrants it's own forum now.
OK I'll go along with that. But I'sn't that up to QOD?

creekmonkey

Post by creekmonkey » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:59 am

Thanks Bernie!

Ill read the post about Equity no matter where they are. But I kind of like it here, that way when im looking at post I can also see the post for Equity without out leaving the board.

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:58 am

I think it was more meant as a subforum for the forum... A totally new forum might not be the best idea.
-----

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:26 pm

I think it was more meant as a subforum for the forum
That's what I meant Jay...a forum like the 4 Elements forum. Not a whole new board.
But I'sn't that up to QOD?
Yes...which is why I made the suggestion. If everyone agrees, we ask QoD to create the forum.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:42 pm

Yes...which is why I made the suggestion. If everyone agrees, we ask QoD to create the forum.
I Pm'd Qod last night and asked him.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:43 am

When you work later on the mesh editor,it would be usefull to add these features:1. "select (faces by) smoothing group" in the edit tab,so these faces can be mapped,
2.If you cant select directly vertices via a mat id or smoothing group,have an option to convert the faces selection to the corresponding vertex selection so these vertexes can be assigned to bones.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:15 am

Wanted to mention the weld vertices of the actor (using a very small threshold) because exported 3ds has more vertexes than should and its smoothing groups are messed up.
Although myself plan to rebuild from nfo instead of importing 3ds.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:15 pm

Well the mesh editor is a long way away yet but will bear all that in mind when we come to it.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 pm

This is for the very future.Just an idea-i know it is luxury for the time being.

Character mesh and textures customization.

When you choose player and name in the Character Selection Menu,another Equity version (specialized and optimized for the specific job) could run,and use a drop down list on the side in which you pick available player parts like hair,upper and lower body,beard,other textures for colors,heads.
Preview in the window the player appearence,and
when you re done assembling,the player is built and game starts.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Yes we already thaought of that but it is way in the future. We talked about it when we were doing the mdl import. Some models in the smd format do very similar things. We Need to get Equity working well before we branch out on this sort of stuff, but we will get there, it just takes time.

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:28 pm

For the motion editing system i have a few wishes:

1. The ability to copy and paste keyframes and be able to paste them everywhere you like.
2. The ability to add keyframes where you like. Right now 'Add Keyframe' always adds a frame at the end.
3. The ability to delete keyframey where you like. Right now 'Delete Keyframe' always deletes the last frame.

If this is too hard to do with arrays (i think you are using arrays?), maybe you can switch to linked lists, which make adding and deleting items way easier than it is on an array (in an array you must rearrange the items, in a list you don't have to do so much work)
-----

AkillezMight

Post by AkillezMight » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:01 pm

I know what Jay is talkin about, it is very time consuming to get to a certain folder when either opening or building an actor in equity. I guess untill equity is upgraded this is what I usually do.

If I am going to work with a particular actor with Equity I take said actor and copy paste onto desktop. Then when I go to open this actor to edit- all I doooze is go to desktop open the actor. When I have finished editing the actor I build actor and save on desktop. Then I drill for that specific act file in reality factory and either copy paste the actor or just drag and drop into that specific folder. Found this to be alot faster. Haven't got an any more solutions to that or the other comments as of yet. AKILL.
Have you ever scripted an enemy pawn that totally owned, that you had to go back into the weapon ini. and create a bigger gun. Just so the fight will be fair? ' ;0