Equity 6.0.0 Beta release

Topics regarding the actor editor Equity
Voltare

Re: Equity 6.0.0 Beta release

Post by Voltare » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:27 pm

That's true.But I'd still like to see the original rfeditpro able to be used in some way by the new rf2...if not...i'll have to stick with the old engine....which is why I'm even bringing up the license.

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:06 pm

What's wrong with changing editors to RF2's one?
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

Voltare

Post by Voltare » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:35 am

i've used ogre editors before.....and they are nowhere near as feature-rich as rfeditpro.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:46 am

RFEditPro is really easy to use. The only editor I would use beside it is GTK Radiant.
Herp derp.

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:23 am

I expect andy and Paradox are going to make it as similiar and easy to use as RFEditpro.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi guys

Quick update on Equity the the next version of Equity will contain the motion Sequencer which is nearly finished we are also working on the RF1 to RF2 converter and all should be ready for the 0.80 release of RF1.

The thing with Equity as it stands at the moment is it doesn’t support weighted vertices we are going to make it more ogre based after the next release so we can truly support both.

The goal of Equity will be to support both RF1 and RF2 actors and we won’t abandon RF1 actors we promise.

As far as the rest is concerned we don’t know i think at the very least RF2 should be as similar to the current RF1 so the cross over is easy and that user have an rfeditpro type editor.

Thanks
Terry

Voltare

Post by Voltare » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:51 am

one thing i absolutely despise in modern editors...Tree views.It's stupid.RFEDITPRO is the greatest level editor ever....yet no tree view crapola.If you're not going to either have a converter, or a RF2 editor extremely similar to rfeditpro, then i'm not using rf2.Which was what my whole " change the liscense for g3d" thing was about.Because I just don't see a arf2 editor similar to rfeditpro anywhere.

Maybe I'll have to make one.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:04 am

I am contemplating making the RF2 Editor using the CEGUI controls so that the editor is in game and it will cross platforms nicely. It will operate pretty simply...you navigate to the spot you want the object and you place it. There will be a treeview as there will be parent/child relationships to objects. Unless you can come up with a clear way to show parent/child relationships without using a treeview, that is what the RF2 editor will have.

BTW...RFEditPro does have a treeview, you just don't see it on the front page. Let's see if you can find it. :) HINT...it's part of a TAB control.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

Voltare

Post by Voltare » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:08 am

Ok...let's hide the tree view, don't have it so obvious as all the modern editors have.Seen Gamecore's Editor?Treeview is there, but hidden, giving more space to the editor window and the tools to build the game with.( i know, because i own a gc license---the 400$ one).

You go overly complex with it, you'll soon end up with Blender.( which I hate with a friggin passion, because it's way to danged complex---it makes 3dsmax look simple by comparison)

You don't need all that information right out there in the open.Maybe have an option for those who are the types who must see everything that happens all the time in every single little process.Like, a different tab or something.

GC is ALMOST the perfect game creation tool.If I could use RFEDITPRO with it....and Pacemaker to make animations with, along with ms3d.......it'd be the prefect indie solution.

But, it all comes back to RFEDITPRO for me.