Equity News

Topics regarding the actor editor Equity
hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Equity News

Post by hgt_terry » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:48 am

Over the next day or two we will clean up the Equity topic section in the forum.

So I have started this new topic called Equity news we will use this new post to keep you informed on how things are going.

Well the news

We have been busy with Equity 6.1.0 and will be released in the next couple of weeks or so or possible with the reality factory 0.80 release. Need to speak to QoD first.

What’s new.

RF1 to RF2/Ogre
In preparation for RF2 we have concentrated on the Ogre side of things now Equity will create a Ogre xml file and a .mesh .skeleton and script file and provide all the necessary textures and motions all in one folder for you also we provide an option to export directly to 3 folders of you choice so the .mesh .skeleton textures and script can go directly to you RF2/Ogre folders.

RF2/Ogre to RF1
We can now read then Ogre xml format or the .mesh . skeleton also textures and the material script directly into Equity. The one limitation to this is weighted vertices use non-weighted vertices if you can, as the RF engine does not support them they will still load and Equity will try to normalize them if possible.

Sequencer
We have a Sequencer now in Equity that can split and combine motions into one single motion so new motion can be created from old ones.

Scaling
Scaling as been improved now not just to cover static actors but also ones with motions and will scale the motions and the bounding box to suit. We also now provide a way now to see the actors bounding box in Equity.

The main aim of this release is to provide a way to convert RF1 actors to RF2 so none of you actors need to be redone or lost we have done extensive trials not only with Ogre but Applications that use the Ogre Engine NeoAxis, Ogitor and Ogres CEGUI Mesh Viewer we have taken Virgil to these formats and I might add felt strange to see Virgil outside of RF1 but motions scaling bounding box and textures all work.

The one thing we have not been able to do is weighted vertices this is not a problem going from RF1 to RF2 but as RF2 comes on line we need to be able to handle them so Equity will start to use the Ogre Engine API after this release so we can deal with them and provide weighted vertices.

Any comments questions feel free to post
Thanks
Terry

zany_001

Re: Equity News

Post by zany_001 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:09 am

That all sounds great! Especially as it gives me an easier way to go from blender to RF. Thanks guys!
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

Brik

Post by Brik » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:15 am

Yeah it makes it easier for me to get 3D Studio Max 9 models into RF as well.
Please, no more Star Wars games.

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:28 pm

Hi folks
I have been in the process of moving home it was a bit drastic decision but one we decided to do as the house is much bigger and now i am back on line and starting work on Equity again and also an RF2 viewer/editor.

I have been watching the posts from a pc in work and will start to release a few Equity updates we have a version 6.0.1 which will export actors to the rf2 /Ogre format also there are a few other things in the posts like the cant find skeleton so will add if can’t find a choice to load the skeleton file by name so overcome the blender naming issue and there are a load of other things I wont to do.

So will release a few beta versions in a row as I improve things over the next couple of weeks.

Also starting work on a RF2 viewer/editor that will save out to the rf2 format basically will load a world and then actors can be placed in the scene and moved/placed it’s in its infancy but work as started.

Thanks
Terry

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Hello

We have a release for you it’s in its beta form we have renamed the exe and folder to EquityB1 I plan to do an update release each week till its how we/you want it.

So keep your original Equity folder just unzip the beta version and it will create a new folder for you called EquityB1 then over the next couple of weeks as we update , it will Become EquityB2 ext until the release is stable.

What would help is for all of you to test the beta versions I know there will be bugs and if anyone finds things please let me know in Equity Bugs Report Section of the forum. I will reply and fix and update for next release and start a roadmap.

Thanks
Terry