RF Worlds and GameDirector

Topics regarding the actor editor Equity
hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

RF Worlds and GameDirector

Post by hgt_terry » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:21 pm

Hi Everyone

Not sure if anyone comes here any more.

My daughter as took an interest in Preprogramming\Coding So I dusted off some old software and came across GameDirector a program me and Bernie where working on and was going to be a version of RF2.

Me and my daughter have looked at the code again and she wants to continue it as a project the current version is available here.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/realityeditor/

One of the main points and the reason to post it here is that RF1 worlds can be used in GameDirector if you try GameDirector and goto File->Examples->RF_World it will load a scene using the rfdemov1.3DT world shipped with RF.

The steps to using RF Worlds is relatively straight forward and involves a few steps and at the very least if you do not use the converted RF worlds in GameDirector the new format can be converted to Ogre.Mesh ,OBJ file format or even MilkShape. So preserving your worlds created in RfPro or World Editor and could be used in other Game Systems.

If there is enough interest we will do a Tutorial and Video showing you how to convert your RF Worlds and also your Actors with motions.

Thanks
Terry and Hazel

GameDirector
https://sourceforge.net/projects/realityeditor/

bernie
RF Moderator

Re: RF Worlds and GameDirector

Post by bernie » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:15 pm

:D hi Terry. Good to see you still working on this. Unfortunately I have Ditched Microsoft altogther now and using the superfast M1 Macbookpro.
I still do a bit fo gamework using Unity but is only now and again when I get the urge. Age is catching up with me now so I am slowing down to a crawl.
I don't even play music in the pub any more, can't take the late nights any more and fall asleep in the afternoon.
Anyway you keep it up while you can and its nice that you have your daughter interested and working with you.
I wish you all the best of luck with the project.
I keep an eye on this forum even though I don't often actually log in.
Cheers,
Bernie

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:04 pm

Hi Bernie

I cant Express Enough how nice it is to hear from you Bernie the countless hours years in fact we spent on Equity ans GameDirector.

The idea with GameDirector using RF worlds is there must be hundreds of them out there that could be saved.

Its so nice to know you are well even if a bit older lol.

Again Nice to hear from you Bernie and thanks for your post take care my friend.

Yours Sincerely
Terry

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:58 pm

Hi Everyone

Just an update to the world editor project. It is now possible to export RFWorlds to theses file formats.

Ogre3d .mesh
Wavefront Object file .obj
Autodesk .3ds
Milkshape .ms3d

The worlds can be exported as a whole or Selected Items this makes it possible to design things in RFpro Worldeditor or GD_Worldeditor and export them in say the Wavefront Object format and then can be used in other modellers or Engines.

The Exporter only cares about Geometry and not Actors or Entity's i have tried it on the worlds which are shipped with Reality Factory and all work if you have any worlds and you have any problems please let me know PM me and I will get back to you as I would be interested to try other worlds with more complex designs.

When Exporting the worlds all the textures that the world or Selected items needs will be Exported also along with the file so you are ready to go when using them else's where.

When you open GD_Worldeditor just goto File->Open to load the world then to Export them use Export in the Dialog to the left of the screen or use File ->Export.

Please make sure the TXL File is in the same directory as the world when you open in the Editor.

There are things going on in the Editor which are experimental and will be used at a later date but as far as loading your worlds and Exporting all should be fine.

GD_WorldEditor Binary.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/realit ... p/download

All Source Code
https://sourceforge.net/p/realityeditor ... ree/trunk/

Thanks
Terry and Hazel

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:08 pm

Thank you very much Terry!