HGT_Tools

Topics regarding the actor editor Equity
hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

HGT_Tools

Post by hgt_terry » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi folks

I have completed Motion Manger to a stage where it is functional now this will allow you to add and remove motions and will be handy for you to select the motion you use rather than have hundreds of motions in an actor and only use say two so reducing the size of the actor file in your game.

Sorry about posting in several places but after talking to Bernie on his post I have decided to move from Game Front as it does strange things and files seem to disappear and move to SVN.

This will have the advantage of you can follow the progress at any time and will be Open Source and if any one would like to contribute they can.

I have done the TxlEditor and now the Motion Manager and will be updating them as I spot more things they can do now what’s left is the Motion Editor which I am looking forward to and will allow you to Create Merge Split motions ext.

But also while I do that Bernie is correct they need to be also done using the Ogre Engine so will start that as well and again progress can be followed. By doing that it will give us the power not only to deal with RF Actors but Actors with weighted vertices and export import various other model formats for use with RF and other Engines out there.

So I Have created the SVN repository called HGT_Tools.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rfxtools/

This Topic/Post will be the one I will use now to let you know what’s going on with HGT_Tools and the various actor utilities we have.

So to sum up if you down load HGT_Tools it will come with the TxlEditor Motion Manger and Equity as it stands at the moment But Motion Editor wont be long and the Ogre Versions.

Thanks
Terry

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Re: HGT_Tools

Post by hgt_terry » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:11 am

Hi Folks

Update on what I have done this week. 17/03/13 HGT_Tools_V1.27

Motion Editor
Started. Basic Set-up.

Texture load error:- There was a problem loading actors outside the working directory in windows 7 due to a path problem it has now been fixed and an actor can be loaded from anywhere.

Default Paths:- What can be annoying is when an application starts it points to a unknown location what we have done for this week is when you start any of the tools it will point to the Media folder in the Root folder. While the tool is running it will remember where you have been and take you back to the last load location when the tool is restarted it will default again to the media folder. Next week I will add ini files for the tools that will remember where you have been on starting a tool. Its a small thing but can be really annoying.

Motion Manager
Texture load error ( As above )
Default Paths ( As above )

TxlEditor
Nothing

Equity

Equity_181 ( Ogre Version of Equity )
Started. Basic Set-up Managed to get actor to render in Ogre Version 1.81.
Default Paths ( As above )

steven8

Post by steven8 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Wow! Excellent progress, Terry.

Things have been kinda crazy so I haven't been able to post. Today is my middle son's 13th birthday. Two official teenagers in the house now. :)
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi Folks

Just an update on how things are going.

Most of the work over the last few weeks have been directed to Equity_XL the Ogre version of Equity 7.

Equity_XL. ( Version V1.00.8 in HGT_Tools Version V1.29.7 12/04/2013)

Not all the functionality has been handed over to Equity_XL that’s in Equity 7 but we are making good progress.

Done.
RF Actors Models: Can be Viewed and Motions played and Textures changed and Saved back out.

Milkshape Models : Can be Viewed.

Ogre Models: Can be Viewed and Motions Played.

There is a version of the TxlEditor available in Equity_XL on the top Tool bar and will become apparent later why we have it in Equity_XL.

Scheduled for next post release in a few weeks ( But not promising )

Milkshape Models: Import at least one motion from the ms3d format and be able to alter textures and save out.

Ogre Models: Alter Textures and save out.

Actor Models: Be able to save Out as ms3d+one Motion and Ogre format.

Add 3ds model format.

Add some help files.

I would like thank Bernie at this point for his Chaple.ms3d Model which he has allowed us to use I know it took him some considerable time to complete and am very grateful for this contribution and his contribution in general. THANKS BERNIE :D

Thanks
Terry

HGT_Tools
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rfxtools/

ericssin

Post by ericssin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:22 pm

ah nice good work

steven8

Post by steven8 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:16 am

Most awesome, Terry. Great work!!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:50 pm

Just tried latest Equity_XL.exe and it doesn't run on xp. See attatched picture
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Error running Equity_xl
(109.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi Bernie.

Just did a bit of research the error has occured after i upgraded to Ogre 1.9.0 it seems as if its targeted to Vista and above its not in our code but there may be a fix i will go over to XP and look.

I am running win7 and its ok on that just tried win8 and ok so i am hoping i can fix or i will have to go back to Ogre 1.8

will build on xp and see what happens.

Thanks mate.
Terry

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:50 pm

Bernie.

It should be OK from revision 540.

Cheers
Terry

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Sun May 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi Everyone

Just an update on where we are I wont Wright a full report on the development will do in a few weeks time don’t wont to appear lazy but we are working on many things concerned with Equity but one good thing is we can take a Animated Milkshape file and decode in Equity so a good step forward and opens many doors for us ( Thanks Bernie ) and Ogre to Milk is under-way.

will start on Help files soon and try and explain what is going on so bear with us.

Thanks
Terry & Co

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:16 pm

:evil: Well Terry, 9 months of promises and still no sign of Ogre mesh/skeleton with weighted vertices and animations to Milkshape. This is almost becoming another paradox. :evil: