Let me see if I've got this straight

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
StandardDeviant

Let me see if I've got this straight

Post by StandardDeviant » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:36 am

I'm very new to this, but I seem to have surmised a few things about RF, please correct me if I'm wrong here...

1) Each installation of RF is essentially its own game. So, if I'd like to work on a different game, I need a completely separate installation of RF off in another directory somewhere.

2) If I'd like to distribute my game (once I'm finished) I'll need to send off that entire installation, minus the editors - will I be able to change the name and icon of RealityFactory.exe to reflect my own game?

Now that I think about it, this does kinda make more sense than having a whole integrated IDE with subdirectories being games - makes it a heck of a lot easier to distribute, since it's just a modification of what we download here. But is there an option to have the computer package everything up, like a "Make the game distributable" option?

Granted, I'm still quite new at this and haven't even started building maps, but I like to plan ahead :roll:

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:17 pm

1 and 2 are both correct.

you can simply rename realityfactory.exe to gamename.exe and use the tutorial here to change the icon: viewtopic.php?t=449

there is, its called gamebuilder.exe and is in the tools folder, but it dosen't work perfectly with the latest version of rf, so if you use it expect to have to click ok to alot of file not ofund dialogs and copy a few files yourself.

welcome to the forums! :D

hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:32 pm