It contains about everything, except some good help...

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
a_guy

It contains about everything, except some good help...

Post by a_guy » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:05 pm

I've recently tried Ogre3D and Irrlicht with Dev-Cpp (C++), and I've managed to make a small game in about a week or so, almost without problems.

I've downloaded your SDK (because I needed to make a game fast) and had a look around it. It seems more like a demo than a SDK, very poorly organised, no empty reference project, no tuts, no nothing, just a premade game, tools and some silly docs (which shroud the SDK in even more mistery)... anyway because of this it took me a whole day to understand the basics...

And Reality Factory IDE doesn't work under Win2k, and it has problems on winXp as well (what the .... did you use for developing? win98 :?: :? )

scott

Post by scott » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:38 pm

wel it works fine with my computer, windows xp, i have tested it on home and profesional versions of xp, i dont know about any of the other versions but it seems fine to me. and any way if you have xp just go to properties and change the compatability options and set it to win 98.
*GD*

hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:49 pm

Good for you with Ogre, I looked at it but there isn't anything for artists and content creators to do there.

Do you have a demo of your Ogre game?

Read the RF FAQ
http://terrymorgan.net/rffaq.zip
Demos, tuts
http://terrymorgan.net/download.htm

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:53 pm

RealityFactory does not need any programming, if you thought that. The docs explain the features that are already built-in and that are available without any programming. You build your game mainly with the level editor, where you can place entities that represent the features and enable them. You only need programming if you want to improve the engine.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----