Beginer

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
bestevershai009

Beginer

Post by bestevershai009 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:21 pm

don't laugh on me. I am new to game industry. I am 3d artist. my friend told me about this engine. i want to ask you from where i have to start.
please give me your suggestions.

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:22 pm

I assume you mean where to start in RF1, since RF2 isn't released yet. Hope you don't mind me moving the topic to the appropriate forum. In addition, unless you posted the topic twice by accident, please don't double-post. Duplicate post deleted.

I would start by reading and following this tutorial: http://www.freewebs.com/andycr/realityfactory1.htm

After that, I would read the faq (which I believe is linked to from the main RF site, realityfactory.info) and the docs (same site). Then I would read the ebook in the downloads section. (NOTE: Some parts of the ebook are outdated and may not apply. If you think thats the case, and you want to know how to do the same thing in RF075, feel free to post on the forums about it)

At all times try things out for yourself. If you break something, either reinstall rf fresh or post here; you WILL break things, and if you are too scared to try something because you're afraid it might crash RF, do it anyway. You'll learn more that way.

Welcome to the forums! :D