Main Menu goes Blank....a different problem HELP PLZ!!!

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
cyl1981

Main Menu goes Blank....a different problem HELP PLZ!!!

Post by cyl1981 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:21 pm

Hi
I have recently installed RF into my computer. When I started RF it goes through the splash screen and everything, but when it reach the main menu, it flicks the interface once and went blank. I can still hear the RF music play in the BG but no visuals, can anyone help me, because I have tried other solutions that I have read in this forum and non seem to work. I think it got something to do with my graphics card.

my system :

Windows XP Service Pack 2

Nvidia PX6600LE

I have the latest DirectX installed. I have also tried the previous RF versions, from 7.2 to 7.5. None of them seem to work when I enter through the menu.

However when I test the game using RF Edit Pro, I can enter the level with no problem, but when I exit, the main menu still goes blank. Could anyone plz help me out, I would really appreciate it.

cyl1981

Post by cyl1981 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:09 am

Um guys, I found the problem, after I search through the forum again....ooops :oops: , it turned out that all I had to do was just change
the 'Do Not Wait' entry to 0, under the D3D24.ini file. Sorry that I did not look hard enough heh :lol: . So if anyone else still have the same problem as I did, then give it a try , thanx guys :wink: .

steven8

Post by steven8 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:42 am

Hi cyl1981,

I just now saw this post. I had no idea about the do not wait, but it's certainly a good thing to know. Thank you for figuring that out.

How are you liking RF so far?

Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:52 pm

yeah i had the same thing happen to me as well once i got my new comp it was frustrating to say the least,

i think this is your problem >Nvidia PX6600LE

i think RF has some issues with some of the newer nvidia cards,

my 6800 barfed on it, till was told about the driver thing