when i download realitty factory, all i get is a demo.

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
mannix

when i download realitty factory, all i get is a demo.

Post by mannix » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:31 am

When i download reality factory, i only get a demo. How can i get the actual programme? :?

mannix

Post by mannix » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:32 am

oops sorry about the typing error. :(

steven8

Post by steven8 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:49 pm

Hi Mannix, Welcome to Reality Factory. It's always good to see new faces. The demo merely shows you that the engine is a working engine. Reality Factory is, in fact, a suite of tools and a community to help you learn to use them.

The engine, which you've seen, can be set to run the custom levels which you design in the level editor provided with your Reality Factory install. In your Start>Programs>Reality Factory menu you will find 'Tools'. Here you will find RFEditPro. This is your level editor. You can view your custom levels with the engine right through the editor. Once your levels are complete, and you set the engine exe to run them, you have made your game!!

Here is a link to AndyCR's beginners tutorials at his website:

http://www.freewebs.com/andycr/tutorials.htm

Also, go back to th RF homepage:

http://www.realityfactory.info.ms

And follow the links to Tutorials and Online Help. These will get you going. On the Tutorials page you will find so many good tidbits. A free e-book on making games with RF and the FAQ's to download.

This should get you cooking. Let us know how you progress, and feel free to ask any questions.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!