everything is slooooow

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
steve

everything is slooooow

Post by steve » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:04 pm

i recently installed rf and when i compile levels and run them, i get really serious lag, is there anything i can do to stop this?

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:08 pm

what video card, processor, etc. do you have?

steve

Post by steve » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:18 pm

gimme a sec ill post eerything in a min

steve

Post by steve » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:22 pm

VIA/S3G KM400/KN400 display adapter
AMD Athlon(tm) xp 2400+ processor

the thing is i have had rf b4 ages ago aand it all ran alright then, on the same machine

anything else you ened to know?

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:31 pm

that isnt a terribly good video system, but in rf at its current state it dosent matter all that much what the video card is... most of the work than in most games is done by the graphics card is in rf done by the cpu...

hmm. this is odd. does it do this in the demo that comes with rf? if not, then its the playerrotation settings, i believe... copy and paste the playerstart and playersetup from basic.3dt to get it working... also, ingame you'll need to hit F1 when you start to prevent flickering due to a bug with playerrotation... all because of the player model used...

hope this helps...

steve

Post by steve » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:10 pm

ok i tried that still the same problem, ill tell you what happens in more detail:

i compile the level, test, it loads.... but then it comes up with my level and the person appears there, but its slow when i move the camera angle.

it does not do this on the game demo, although it does lag in some areas.

hope some1 can help me fix this soon :)

steve

Post by steve » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:13 pm

o yes it is slow when i move the person too, i forgot to mention

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:33 pm

ok, what is in your level? just a standard box? what entities beyond the standard playersetup, playerstart, if any?

steve_2k43

Post by steve_2k43 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:43 pm

just environment setup, level is a box yes =)

by the way the old version works fine, i may b forced to use that lol

NOTE: i am steve just registered :)

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:47 pm

huh. it shouldnt be happening if it does not happen in the demo... try copying/pasting the playersetup and playerstart entities from the demo's level (forgot the name, its included) into your level. (the one in basic might not have the right rotation)

cell

Post by cell » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:48 am

I also have the same problem, but I've run the game with my level and selected debug with the show frames option. It runs smooth with this option. I've tried also with no debug options but with the option show crosshair in advanced controls, and again it runs ok. For some strange reason without one of these options checked with runs slow.

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:30 pm

i recently had rf start running slow in d3d too... opengl worked fine... some other d3d programs ran slow also, like Irrlicht. then i uninstalled the directx 9 sdk, and for some reason it fixed it. i think it didnt like being installed before visual c++ was installed instead of after.