Downloading photorealistic.zip?

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
ititrx

Downloading photorealistic.zip?

Post by ititrx » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:28 am

Ive tried to download it twice from
http://realityfactory.filefront.com/.

Cannot do it. Each time my ISP disconnects and I reconnect and I try to resume download, it requires a password.

So, can the author please break the file into two zips for faster downloading for those still using modems? 54 isnt fast enough.

Or put it on a site that doesnt require a password to download.

Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:14 pm

Geez ititrx

You've only been here for a short while but all i can see from you with every post is a complaint!

What the hell!

Dude we are a pretty lax community, and you see to be ranting on every post you put to the board.

i'm not sure even if the oringinal author of that file is around, thats the thing with RF it belongs to nobody and everybody which means no-one really is tied down to it. so something that someone published 5 months ago, may be all that is there :)

now jus try chill or be a bit more civil :)

if your after good textures

try here
http://www.mayang.com/textures/

or here
http://free-textures.got3d.com/index.html

scott

Post by scott » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:47 pm

anyone on dial up should consider having a download manager, dial up is that unstable that it is almost imposible to download anything over 6mb well it was when i was on it last, mabe improved by then as it was severel years ago. http://www.download.com theu have a wide veriaty of software and im sure they will have a download manager there.
*GD*

steven8

Post by steven8 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:37 am

I posted that file. I am still around, but not as much as I'd like. it is a HUGE file. I'd suggest using DLExpert. If you can resume from filefront. it works great.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

ititrx

Answers...

Post by ititrx » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:36 am

To the author, thank you. I have download managers, but since this file is controlled by the host site, you have to have a passward to get to it.

Even in a manager, it will not resume without the passward. But I did finally get it, and I dont know how, except I restarted one download that had ended at 95%, while a new one had just started. The system hickupped and it worked.
To Spyrewolf
I dont think asking please, is a complaint!!!!! And I dont think it is ranting to ask for help, and I say to you, Hell, chill out yourrself, and dont call me a dude! LOL

If you go to the download you will see it is like 300 and something minutes to download, my plea was not at fault. Maybe you should back away from the computer and take a break before you come back to help us?

Thankyou for the urls, I will check them out.

ititrx

hmmm

Post by ititrx » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:48 am

To Spyrewolf,
Pehaps you think that because I only tried to download it twice I was acting hastily when I came here for help.

Trying twice took over a day, since the file download had to be restarted each time, and I would log off and back on before each start to remain on as long as my Isp would let me.

During the downloads I stayed at my keyboard to reconnect before my dowload accelerator noted the lost connection and shut down. But each time towards the end, it wasnt allowed to reconnect to the host without the password.

Anyway, thats done and Ive moved on to more fun things. And Im glad I have the zip, its got some great shots in it.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:23 am

Sorry for all the trouble, ititrx. I was pressed for time when I posted it, and should have broken it up into smaller files. If I get a chance, and Daniel doesn't mind, I'll try and get it broken down into more manageable bites.

Thanks for your patience and persistance. I'm glad you like the images.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!