Downloading File Corrupted

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
Gandalf

Downloading File Corrupted

Post by Gandalf » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:04 pm

I don't know why, but when I download the RF075A(Full Version) and go to completely install it and unzip it, it always says: "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program." I keep downloading from the official website to get a new one ... same message. I tried Mirror 1 and Mirror2 but they're both the same. (Most likely because it was from the same host.)

Can somebody please help me find a different download for it?

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:00 am

They are not the same. The 1st one is located on dhost.info the other one is on filefront.com
Try downloading the file with a download manager (eg metaproducts download express)

scott

Post by scott » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:52 am

before downloading reality factory make sure you delete the original files , you need to delete all temporary internet files including all ofline content, or else most the time if you download from the same source then it will look in these files to see if you have it already.

is it just reality factory that fails to install or have you had other problems with zip files/instaling programes?
*GD*

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:48 am

So far only RF has been corrupted and another file which I deleted. I'll try and delete all the RF files....

EDIT: It doesn't work. It's still corrupted. I tried doing it on LimeWire and it worked but now I can't find the file, so you get the point. :evil:

EDIT2: Can someone just give me a download from their computer, instead of me having to look everywhere and finding it all corrupted?
(Maybe add an attachment.)

psYco

Post by psYco » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:19 pm

you can get RF off lime wire? cool thats wicked lawl!

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:40 am

Um...I downloaded Genesis3D instead now. Does that apply because they look exactly the same...

steven8

Post by steven8 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:08 am

You downloaded Genesis3D from the G3D website? That would not be the same thing. You talked of 'unzipping' RF. The RF file should be an executable, not a zip file. Did the download go without problems? Are you using a download manager? Make sure the file you have on your HDD after download matches the filesize of the installer at the download site. If the download isn't quite finishing at the end it'll show as corrupted. Remove all files, as suggested before, then download the file to a different location on your computer. make sure to check and see if the filesize you have matches what it should be.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!