weapon crash

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
AndyCR

Re: weapon crash

Post by AndyCR » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:36 pm

Sudi wrote:player.ini
[Gun]
initial = 0
low = 0
high = 1

[Bullet]
initial = 0
low = 0
high = 50
usedecrease = true
this is probably a dumb question, but have you changed initial = 0 to initial = 1 for the gun and initial = 0 to initial = like 20 for the bullets?

Sudi

Post by Sudi » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:02 pm

yes i did and i think i already said that in an earlyer post

Dysphoriac

Post by Dysphoriac » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:09 am

Hey, as you know I have the same problem, I have made progress in allowing my character to pick up weapons, I just can't use them. So I think my (possibly our) problem may be that I don't know how to put my weapons into the Weapons inventory selection, right now they are in the items selction. So not to direct anyones attention from Sudi's questions but can someone help me?

Edit: I figured out how to put it in the weapons section of the inventory (just changed the catagory from use to weapon in the inventory.ini) I can see it in my inventory but I can't use it, just like Sudi, no buttons work or anything. I can't figure it out!
"We revel in rebellious ways, rebellion that the media made. If you change your channel we'll smash your T.V."

Sudi

Post by Sudi » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:07 pm

Same here....and the funny thing is in one of the demo games...it's this game where u run inside of something with some enemys and landmines on certain points....anyways that demo has weapons too and i can't use them there either....its strange

GD1

Post by GD1 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:37 am

about not seeing the weapon, try tweaking the weapon positioning. That took me awhile to figure out when i first started with RF.

Not to be too picky, but the debug menu was cut out of the new version also, so it requires some setup to get it working, but if you could get RF's internal framerate counter running, you might be able to tell if the weapon is actually being activated when you press the key.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox

Dysphoriac (guest)

Post by Dysphoriac (guest) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:53 am

Well, I took the weapon.ini from the previous version and replaced it with new one and now I have working weapons...strange. Anyway, the only problem with the weapons is that the crosshair only appears when I fire and when it does appear it's really small and a bit off center to the right, I'm not sure how to edit these settings either, but Im really glad I got working weapons. :D

(I didn't have time to log on)