install error

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
chrismod

install error

Post by chrismod » Sat May 05, 2007 2:50 pm

I am really in a mess. Each time I reinstall rf the genesis 3d logo appears but the demos dont play and then it terminates the program abruptly.If I try previewing my levels, it does the same thing.[/b]
HI my name is cmod and I am thirteen years old.I live in kenya although I am congolese.I am in nineth grade although I have basic knowledge of the c++ programming language. bye!bye!

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat May 05, 2007 11:29 pm

Hey man, welcome. I have had the same problem. http://www.realityfactory.info/forum/vi ... php?t=2247 Check that link out. Is that close to the problem you are having? I can run the demo just fine, but when it comes to testing my level, the game always crashes. just like whats happening to you.

Cheers mate!
Those who have all the answers, are never up to date on the questions.

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Sun May 06, 2007 9:59 am

Welcome to the forums! :D

You have got all your drivers installed? for the sound card also? I am just saying this because i sometimes forget it after my windows crashed and i had to reinstall it again. If you have no sound drivers installed, then do it.

One thingh i can say for sure is that it is not the graphics card, because the genesis3d logo already needs the graphics card.

What does the realityfactory.log in the rf main folder say?
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----