Hello and help please!

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
RHzk

Hello and help please!

Post by RHzk » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:31 am

Im from Russia and i bad speaking english language. :? I not understand Reality Factory program I need your help!
I need manual how create game on steps (like: 1-open something, then 2-save it... then 3, 4... etc.). Please help. I allready read "RF_Manual_075A" and "m3drf" but I realy not understand them (becaus eng. lang and very hard the description on manuals). :cry: Please again help me! What i must use for create game (unimportantly what the game now, i must know how working RF and use it)! So help me!!!

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:13 am

Try using this translator or Google translator I was using it when I started using RF, because I wasn't good in English back then (I hope I'm better now :) ) BTW, we are neighbours, I'm from Lithuania
Lithuanians for Georgia!

RHzk

Post by RHzk » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:02 pm

LtForce, you know RUS language? I know 2 man from your city-look, its game creating forum - http://gamecreating.borda.ru/

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:49 am

No, sorry I don't know Russian cause I'm more into West then East
Lithuanians for Georgia!

RHzk

Post by RHzk » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:40 pm

Thats ok. So you can help me? Now I dont know how to insert my 3D model (make in 3D Max) in Reality Factory Edit Pro. :(
LtForce, you can help me?

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:57 am

I've never used 3D studio max and I suggest you do the same because I think that 3Ds Max is too powerfull for RF. I suggest for you to use MilkShape. Anyway, to export a 3Ds Max model to RF first think you got to do is toexport it to .ms3d format or to .bdy format(.bdy is better because it would go straight to RF) If you export it to .ms3d then you need MilkShape to open it. When you open it with MilkShpe export it to .bdy (if you exported it from 3Ds Max then you don't need to do this step). Now that you have .bdy file use AStudio in your tools folder (if you don't know how find it in the docs folder )
Lithuanians for Georgia!

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:17 pm

id have to agree with you on 3Ds max being to powerfull. Although, I did use lots of models from turbo squid when i was just starting to learn RF. All these were in 3ds format, and they were some niiiiiice lookin low poly models. I think 3ds max is a nice program, only if you can get your model down to low poly.
Those who have all the answers, are never up to date on the questions.

RHzk

Post by RHzk » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:20 pm

I used Milkshape allready to. But I cant insert model (format .bdy) to AStudio. :cry: When I insert, AStudio deduces a mistake-http://funkyimg.com/viewer.php?img=62908mistake.bmp

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:23 pm

RHzk wrote:I used Milkshape allready to. But I cant insert model (format .bdy) to AStudio. :cry: When I insert, AStudio deduces a mistake-http://funkyimg.com/viewer.php?img=62908mistake.bmp
huh?

have you read the tuts in the manual and ebook on how to make a model into an act. ??? If you have a model in 3ds format, you will need to import it into milkshape, then export it to a bdy format. Once this is done, it should work in Astudio. Use a translator to read the tuts. They will help :lol:

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:52 pm

In AStudio, when you create new project, untick "Use Project Directory".

Welcome to the forums, btw. :wink:
Pain is only psychological.

RHzk

Post by RHzk » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Thanks for the help gues, but all the same is impossible. In Milkshape I Import the model and then Export in a format .bdy, but AStudio is deduced with the same mistake... :cry:

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:02 pm

im sure we would all like to help, but maybe you could give a little more info on what your doing. maybe step by step, like,

1. made the model a bdy,

2. opened Astudio

Try doing this, maybe you are missing a step.

RHzk

Post by RHzk » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:49 am

Ryan, I trying:
1. Make 3D model (room) in 3D Max
2. Export Selected in .3ds (in desktop)
3. Open Milkshape 3D
4. Import-Autodesk 3DS
5. Select my model (.3ds)
6. Export my model in .bdy format (I select Genesis BDY) in desktop
7. Open Reality Factory->Tools->AStudio
8. File->New->Ok
9. Select - Body
10. Body Format-Genesis 3D Body (.bdy)
11. Browse-select my model (room in desktop)
12. When I browse, then this mestake!!! :x

Please help me! :cry:

Jaguar_jwg

Post by Jaguar_jwg » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:22 am

In AStudio, select File->New->Browse - type a new name - Save->OK
The new name you typed must be in the same folder as your .bdy file.
In other words, you just created a new project that can only find the project files, if they are in the same folder.
So what you must do is create a new folder (give it any name) in the media folder of Reality Factory. This is where all your files for your project must go. So from MilkShape you should export your .bdy files to that folder. Also it might be a good idea to export your 3ds files from 3dsMax there too. Your textures should be there too. I am not sure how the textures in a 3ds file are read, because I don't usually see them after I export to a 3ds. However, I am using 3dsMax, and I export to an .x file. After export I see all my textures in the same folder. If you are interested, you can get the plugin for 3dsMax, that will allow you to export to an .x file. It's called Panda DirectX Exporter. If you get it, and need help using it just say.
I'll be checking your post to see how you are doing.

RHzk

Post by RHzk » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:18 am

Awesome!!! :P Now it has turned out! Thanks Jaguar_jwg! Only now one more problem-I can not insert this pattern in RF Edit Pro and into the others programms...
Because it is indispensable .3dt a format. :shock: