Hello and help please!

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
LtForce

Post by LtForce » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:27 pm

Yes, you can rename your .bsp file. More about your level: It doesn't look really big, so I don't know what's your prob but you should try dividing it. and when you have 4 maybe 3 .bsp files you should use change level entity so player could walk thourgh them. Here's how to use it(well, I use it like this):
1)put an invisible wall(make a wall, press Page Down, make sure Transparent box is pressed, and change Transparency value to 1) where you want a teleport to other part of your level to be.
2)Create change level entity near that invisible wall
3)Make that invisible wall a model(you should know how)
4)In Change Level entity choose that wall as a model
5)Write a name of .bsp file you want a player to move to szNewLevel
6)If you want a player appear in specific PlayerStart point write name of that PlayerStart into StartPointName
Hope this didn't confuse ya. There might be an easier solve to your prob
Lithuanians for Georgia!

RHzk

Post by RHzk » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:50 pm

I not understand how divide my level... I push Page Down and click on the wall, so were I need make Transparency value to 1? And how use szNewLevel for this? I dont now about this... :cry: Can you help me LtForce? Just it is in more detail maybe... Please! :cry:

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:02 pm

How to divide your level? Just create new maps with RFedit that will be the same as your level only divided into areas. When you do that I'll tell you more about ChangeLevel entity
Lithuanians for Georgia!

RHzk

Post by RHzk » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:14 pm

ОК, but I need the time for it. I trying complete this level (add furnitures and etc.) then I tell you. When I create the second level, in the test, second level be loading (I mean need wait?). :? I do not want create again my level. Hey, I can create new level past there just furniture? First level-the room, second level-the furniture! I can? :P

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:51 pm

Uhhhhhh, I'm not sure what you mean...Write it in russian, my parents will translate it, they know how to speak russian
Lithuanians for Georgia!

RHzk

Post by RHzk » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:59 pm

If I create the another evel, between them there will be the load (in game or test game, when I compile level)? And I can make in the second level only furniture, arrange objects, etc? :?

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:39 pm

I still can't understand anything. PLEASE WRITE WHAT YOU WANT TO TELL ME IN RUSSIAN, MY PAREANTS WILL TRANSLATE IT TO ME
Lithuanians for Georgia!

RHzk

Post by RHzk » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:40 pm

Если я создам другой уровень, то между ними будет загрузка (в игре или после того, когда я составлю вровень)? И я могу сделать во втором уровне только мебель, вставить предметы и так далее?

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:28 am

If you create two levels there will be loading between them only in game, in RFedit pro they will be completely seperate levels. And that part about furniture: I don't think you completely got the seperation idea. I'll draw it for you
Let's say this is your level:
Now let's imagine we seperated it:
level1 Image
level2 Image
level3 Image
level4 Image

So you'll have four new .3dt and .bsp files. If you want to completele deacrease the lag you can create new .txl files for each new level.By the way, as you can see each of them have to have their own objects.
Lithuanians for Georgia!

RHzk

Post by RHzk » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:14 pm

Big thank you LtForse! :wink: I got it, but my house all be only loading, I cant normaly playing? Loads will be noticeable?

And one more question-I need create then animate door, and I must make the door knob. How I can group door+knob so that they would be opened together? :?: Thanx again. :)

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:15 am

Yea, loads will be noticable, but in my example levels are too small, RF can handle bigger levels with more objects,not only one room. You should try RF demo levels that comes with RF or House of Shadows so see how big should levels be. About that knob thing: You want that knob would be opened together with door? That's easy, select door and knob(hold Ctrl and click on them) and then make them both one model and animate
Lithuanians for Georgia!

RHzk

Post by RHzk » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:17 pm

This great! Thank you LtForce! In this game I not seeing the loads, thats right? :)

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:11 pm

well you should experince some lag when you enter the room
Herp derp.

RHzk

Post by RHzk » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:05 pm

Realy, thats ok... But I need make title screen, you know-I out (wont) of my house and need seeing inscription (1980 year name environment etc...)

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:19 pm

Once again, I didn't understand anything :)
Lithuanians for Georgia!