A rather large problem

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
Commando730

A rather large problem

Post by Commando730 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:00 am

hi, all.. i have a rather complete newbie problem, but here goes.

i have version .75A, the full version, or so it says on the downloads page, but when i run the program it says it is the demo. furthermore, i cannot design the game or anything...all i can do is play a little demo where i have a gun and have to run around shooting robots. i cant find out how to design a game, or start from scratch, or anything.

a speedy reply is much appreciated.

thanks

benshelmars

Post by benshelmars » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:05 am

This is not a bug, open up the editor open a file compile and preview, you can add what you want or start fresh.
You will find the editor in the tools.
We are all bound by the consequences of our decisions.
http://tfmarciniak.synthasite.com/

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-otherside

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:22 am

Yeah, it's not a bug. The demo you get when you start RF is only a demo game showing RF's features. What I like to do is think RF as a game engine and creating games with it as modding the game engine. Basically you're just going to create your own content (levels with level editors, models with modeling software etc...) and customize the game mechanics with .ini files (found in the 'install' folder) and scripts. As benshelmars already mentioned, you can find the level editor, RFEditPro, in the 'tools' folder of your RF install.

Welcome to the forums. :)
Pain is only psychological.

Commando730

Post by Commando730 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:20 am

aah, thank you. i found out about the editor, and am taking a tutorial to find out how to make my own video games. thanks very much guys! :D