missing guns and stuff

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
polaris30

missing guns and stuff

Post by polaris30 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:05 pm

Hi,

I am seeing in other threads that people have HUDs and guns...

how do I make this work?

is there a seperate package for 3d shooters?

TIA..

gekido

read the docs about weapon definitions

Post by gekido » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:11 pm

you can customize any number of weapons, hud elements and effects using the ini files located in your install directory

download some of the rf games listed on the site and check out how they defined their weapons

the best way to figure it out is to check out how other games have done certain things and then go from there

of course, reading the docs helps too ;}

wiseman2

Post by wiseman2 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:05 am

Sorry for the late reply,... hope you got it figured out. If you just need some more weapons, dl the new_weapons.zip from here
http://www.mapvault.com/xoops/modules/P ... op=&cid=15 about 37 mb ,look in the RF Releases category.... lots of other stuff there too ... if you're looking for models, actors, I'm not sure , but if you look for a dl called RF_Resources_Jan 02 2005.. there might be some weapons there too... lot of cool stuff in there even if not, but it's around 75 mb.