XP Help

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
NSPARTAN

XP Help

Post by NSPARTAN » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:38 pm

I have windows xp. Rf doesn't work. It shows the menu but it flashes. :cry:

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:42 pm

please go to the reality factory folder (by default it is c:\realityfactory), open realityfactory.log, and post the entire contents here.

Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:42 am

Also another thing to try is the XP compatibilty wizard, i beleive there are some issues regarding XP and RF

run RF under the XP compatibility mode and see if that helps.

scott

Post by scott » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:15 pm

what version of XP have you got i got home edition and i got it to work fine.
*GD*

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:36 pm

definitly works with wondows xp home edition
have you tried updating the driver for your video card?

Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:31 am

XP proffesional works as well, thats what im running...

federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:08 am

I always had the same problems, because i have xp professional. For every RF installation, i need to set all the RF executables ( all the files with genesis3d logo: realityfactory.exe, /tools/actview.exe, ecc...) to win98 compatility. You just have to use right mouse button on those files and choose Proprieties/Compatility.
I suggest that the problem is the Genesis3d logo. When I start my level from rfeditpro it skips the logo and it works with standard compitility setting...

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:54 pm

odd. im running windows xp home sp2 (i believe sp2 on both computers, other one may be sp1) and have never had to use compatibility settings, with any version of rf. i have noticed some released demoes of rf crashing, however, and i believe right after the logo, so it may have been the cause there.

hope this gets resolved!

Pete

Post by Pete » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:49 pm

never had a prob with xp myself. does 98 compatibility override anything in the d3d ini? most of the time this kind of thing is either vid card, driver or settings related. if you have a weak vid card set extra textures = 0 in the d3d ini.

scott

Post by scott » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:52 pm

i dont think so all xp is an update from all windows operating system and also shoved all existing operating systems into one, so all it dose it fool hte program to belive its running in windows 98 instead of XP, this ocasonaly dosnt work with some programs but normaly it dose.
*GD*

wiseman2

Post by wiseman2 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:40 am

If all it does is show wthe menu and flash, it is probably an issue with either your video driver that is selected in the vid setup, or your direct x oropengl drivers need updating...

I have xppro been running it with rf for quite a while, and the only time I had a prob, was when I tried the cwc beta release, since Gekido had the vid setup for his system... didn't mesh with mine.... changed the vid setup, and it worked fine... but before that almost exactly what you had....